California Senate Candidate Debate

1. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Anyone watch tonight's debate between Carl Fiorina and Senator Barbara Boxer?

I don't know what it is about political debates. I just love them. And hate them. They're like a train wreck - can't look away!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So what did you think? Did they survive the wreck?

2. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

My impression was obviously quite different from the viewers who watched on our local NBC affiliate. The station's poll found 64% thought Fiorina won and only 36% thought Boxer won.

What I think is this:
    Boxer is an insider. She knows how the system works. She's got the connections. But she also has baggage.
    She is obviously not used to campaigning and it is not coming easy to her. She's trying to soften her shrillness, but sometimes she couldn't contain her annoyance.

Fiorina does not come across as a nice person. Very combative and catty. On the attack. Reminded me a lot of Palin debating with Biden. Only more articulate.
    Her views are downright scary. Especially what she said about guns and people on the no-fly list.
    I personally am diammetrically opposed to her social politics.

The most ridiculous thing is everyone is looking to the senator position to resolve our state's woes. It is not Boxer's fault California is a mess. There is not really that much that she can do to create jobs. We should be looking at the governor for that.

But that's a subject for another debate. Whitman and Brown, I think it's September 28th. Can't hardly wait!