jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

The Commander in Chief: Victory or Politics

1. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Is this President giving sustanance to terrorist forces by telegraphing withdrawal dates, informing opposing forces that if they bide their time they can resume operations unimpeded?  And, if so, why?

An article in the New York Times, little noticed by most, gives us our answer.  "Our Afghan policy was focused as much as anything on domestic politics," an Obama adviser told the New York Times' Peter Baker. "Obama would not risk losing the moderate to centrist Democrats in the middle of health insurance reform and he viewed that legislation as the make-or-break legislation for his administration."

Politics above all else is the rule for this administration.  In the words of his own advisor we have no Commander in Chief in a war where our young men and women are dying.  We have a political strategist in chief.  No President wants to oversee the conduction of war but once that burden has been placed, they must put all other concerns aside, polls, parties and politics, for the benefit of our armed forces.

A true Commander in Chief:  "Grab the bull by the horns"

Strategist in Chief:  "Let's grab this sheep by the back of his soft, fluffy neck and lead him to where he hopefully wants to go so we can still remain friends and share mutual respect"

2. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago

The true CIC (George Bush)is playin' golf today (saw it on the News) for a charitable patriotic cause.  I dunno what the fake CIC is doing....probably playin' golf to keep his abs tight.

(Sigh) I dunno everything about Bush nor whether he's what I think he is or not.
    But I do know he knew how to "Grab the bull by the horns" as you said;  and he knew how to deflect stupid agendas instead of feeding into themm, and on them,  like our current "SIC".

tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dead on right Brenda

3. Joe Badtoe profile image62
    Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago

oh my god......

when you scratch your heads do you wonder where the sawdust came from?

tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh we know where the sawdust comes from.  The termites in Washington eating us out of house and home and letting the crumbs rain down on our heads.  Tell me with a straight face and without your fingers crossed you believe Obama is a Commander in Chief.  Tell me any Commander in the history of civilization who has shown up for war, then proceeded to announce that we'll be leaving July 2011?