jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)

Donating Millions

1. 60
    Tahoebreadposted 6 years ago

I would love to donate 10 million dollars to charity.I feel 10% of my wealth to charity is a small price to pay.As soon as I have 100 million in cash,I will spend my entire life seeking out needy causes and people to assist.Today I gave away 10% of my wealth,and am looking forward to giving away another $9,999,999.90 as soon as I reach my goal.Unfortunately it seems as those who would do the most good dont have the resources,and those who have the resources prefer to die before doing any good,if anything,with their extra money.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image67
      Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm planning to donate my second $100 million to worthy causes.

2. KCC Big Country profile image86
      KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can send it all to me.  smile

1. kmackey32 profile image83
        kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

That would be nice huh...

1. KCC Big Country profile image86

I'll even share it with you KMackey.  How's Brionna?

1. kmackey32 profile image83
            kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL, well things arent looking good today KCC, they say her ventracles are getn bigger after they looked at the ultrasound.

1. KCC Big Country profile image86

Sorry to hear that, KMackey.  She's a tough lil' gal though.  I'm sure she'll be fine.

3. BaseCharity profile image59
      BaseCharityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well hey if you have the money to donate that much, then by all means, you're supporting a good cause.

4. maudiojazz profile image60
      maudiojazzposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you are wealthy and plan on donating money, don't be ignorant about it. Be sure to ask what percentage of your money is being absorbed as overhead within the wealthy people who run the charity. Example of this is the red cross. Most of their help comes from volunteer work while the wealthy people at the top absorb most of the donations for themselves. This is another fault in life where the rich support the rich and the people in need receive less than adequate help.

<snipped link - do not promote your Hubs in the forums>

Check out my hub.  I am dirt poor and have helped lots of poor get help no charity run by wealthy liars could compare to.

2. kmackey32 profile image83
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

OK

3. waynet profile image46
    waynetposted 6 years ago

No.no no....send it all to me and I'll buy you a peanut butter sandwiche....whilst I swim in the lovely cash...best get them speedos on!!!

4. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Farmville Cash huh ? roll

5. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

Once the prostitutes and the crack dealers get their fill, the rest is going to my fellow hubbers!

1. skyfire profile image71
      skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

big_smile

6. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

I think you are wrong about people who are worth millions. They do donate to causes they believe in.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image67
      Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You mean like Rupert Murdoch and the Koch brothers who subsidize climate change deniers, opponents of environmental regulations, Tea Partiers, etc.? On the other hand, there are Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, the McArthurs and others.

7. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Yes, both.
    Unfortunately, there are still billionaires out there with "more money than sense."
    But the ones you name are donating consistent with their worldviews and alliances.

8. Evan G Rogers profile image83
    Evan G Rogersposted 6 years ago

let's see...

our federal and state governments have spent around 1-2 trillion each year for the past couple of years.

Divide that by 300,000,000... and...

You could've been donating around $5000 per year to whatever cause you wanted!

... not to mention the inflation tax....

working