jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

God lied to Terry Jones

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

I had no idea the word of God could be misinterpreted.  I always assumed that anyone who claimed to know God's will actually did.

Terry Jones stated that there was a deal to move the dreaded cultural center of death to a safe distance from ground zero in exchange for his cancellation of the book burning.  He said this was a sign from God that the event should be cancelled.

Turns out there was no such agreement.

I cry when God makes a mistake.

1. ediggity profile image61
      ediggityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a human made the mistake.

Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Only if you deny a sign from God.  I think you're not supposed to do that.  Frogs, floods, pillars of salt and such..

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know so who is playing who? Everyday... just when I think it cannot get any worse... arrrr!!! 

What the hell happened to telling the truth?

You simply need to redefine truth.  If you say, that God says it's true...Voila! it's true.

1. earnestshub profile image88
          earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I noted this lie on another thread Ron. This guy was lied to by his god alright!

10 minutes after the news played his claim that god had told him, the other party said there was no such agreement. The agreement was only to meet. God apparently lied about the move part. smile

I

AM

SHOCKED!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
              SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL! LOL!....i've not heard much of the news lately cuz i'm travelling...it's kind of silly that I come to HP to hear what's happening or not in the world! LOL!  LOL!  This is better than the news anyway.....

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

God had nothing to do with Terry Jones. Nice attempt though...lol

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

this guy is a total nut case, whacked, delusional.. a bigot.
    now he'll try to blackmail the Imam from Florida. surreal really is the perfect word for the days events.

I heard 20 of his members left the church today.. hope the rest start thinking sanely and do the same.

1. profile image0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Funny how this sh/tty little epsiode is a microcosm of the whole of christianity.  All the elements are there from the moron in the middle to the congregation off to find a different brand name.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60

I guess God changed Mr. Jones's mind again.  The burning is back on.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60

http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/article/701/701458/monty-pythons-flying-circus-terry-jones-personal-best-20060412031848950-000.jpg

Terry Jones in his Monty Python days.

5. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

here's another guy who had a hard day. wouldn't you love to have him as your county treasurer?  hmm 
    about half way ... 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMgyi57s … r_embedded

working