jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

"Fla. pastor will 'not today, not ever' burn Quran": Yahoo!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image32
    fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/quran_burning

A Florida pastor says his church will "not today, not ever" "burn a Quran, EVEN IF a mosque is built near ground zero".

So what caused this man to have a change of heart? Something says that this is not the last of this circus. We still have to be on high alert.

2. 0
    Will Bensonposted 6 years ago

From listening to this guy on the news, I wonder if he's mentally OK. He seems to do or say anything that will keep him in the spotlight. If he doesn't destroy the 200 copies of the Quran, what does he intend to do with them? Has he said?

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image32
      fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Definitely mentally unstable

3. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

He probably got a great big "donation" for his church

4. Doug Hughes profile image59
    Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago

I only hope the pastor moves on to worik he's more qualified for by temperment, like pumping out septic tanks.

5. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 6 years ago

By his first announcement that quran will be burnt, he brought disrepute to his religion, to his nation and to all Americans. By his second announcement that he will not ever burn quran, he has brought shame to all the above. He needs counselling from a psychiatrist, I think.

Had he said he is just "suspending his planned burning quran", it would have been honourable. That would have kept quran followers at tenderhooks for ever. But he is not the only American to do it. Let any other person take over the job.

If the twin-tower and pentagon burning scenes are telecast in television channels for some time, it will bring some sensitivity.