Christine O'Donnell - what do you think?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (78 posts)
  1. I am DB Cooper profile image62
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

Christine O'Donnell has secured the Republican nomination for US Senate in the state of Delaware. She is a favorite of the Tea Party, but is not liked by establishment conservatives like Karl Rove. She carries with her a lot of baggage, including claims that she has failed to pay non-volunteer campaign workers while living off her campaign funds. Her personal finances are in disarray, including unpaid back taxes and a mortgage that went into default. At times she seems paranoid, having staff members search bushes for people who might be following her.

So what do you think of the latest Tea Partier to upset a GOP candidate?

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Better than a Kennedy.

2. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think she's great better than that RINO that ran against her! I can't wait to see the shocked democrat faces when she wins the election!

1. livelonger profile image87
        livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not likely. Another pyrrhic victory for the Republicans.

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Rove is rightly worried.  "One more such victory and we are lost."

Go, Tea Party!  The more your candidates are under public scrutiny, the fewer people will identify with you.

Really?

The people can't identify with someone who has financial problems?

They identify more with the empty suit with deep pockets?

Where do you live?

1. profile image0

That's not what I said and you know it.

I couldn't care less about her financial situation.  Just like Rand Paul and Sharron Angle, once her candidacy is more fully explored by the press, many voters will be turned off by her extreme views.

Thank you for the clarification.

The extreme views that allowed her the chance to be elected is what the voters don't identify with.

The democrat parties views are the views I speak of.

1. profile image0

Winning a primary is a lot different than winning a general election.  Sorry, but watching a video of O'Donnell saying, "The Bible says that lust in your heart is committing adultery. You can't masturbate without lust!" is probably going to make her look loony to most folks.

Of course, I could be wrong ...  smile

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
                    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Especially blind atheists with hairy palms.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image62
                  I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Her financial problems do worry me. If she can't handle the finances of a single person (herself), how can we trust her to fix the finances of an entire country? Also, she's living off campaign funds. Doesn't that concern anyone? When you give money to her campaign, it's not being used to promote her candidacy, but to pay for her rent. The humble Tea Party, the symbol of the common blue collar American, pumped a quarter of a million dollars into her campaign in the weeks before the primaries, enough to put her over the top and keep her out of the poor house for at least another year or so.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image64
                    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not to mention that she apparently lied about graduating from college.

2. Jim Hunter profile image61

"Her financial problems do worry me. If she can't handle the finances of a single person (herself), how can we trust her to fix the finances of an entire country?"

There are a lot of Millionaires in office who haven't a clue as to how to "fix the finances" of our Country.

Obama is one of them.

2. Robertbloggert profile image65
              Robertbloggertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really? Shes not trying to be a new friend on facebook! She's being supported by campaign funds on a promise to work in the senate on issues like say, a budget, lowering the deficit or say a more far out wild ideal of making the Governmant more financially responsible!
              So the point is being "financially irresponsible" is not a trait anyone wants in someone running for a senate seat. Add in the fact she's being campaigned as the new different  (tea party) candidate and I say the only thing I see different is the being against masturbation idea. Funny though you would think someone for the right to life would be all for masturbation or any thing that leads to less unwanted pregnacies. Hmmm?????

3. profile image0
              Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jim, we haven't cleaned up the World Trade Center in 9 years, but you think we should have entirely repaired our economy, after the worst recession since the 30s, in 2 years huh? Tell me, how was Reagan's economy at the end of his 2nd year? Double digit unemployment? Check. Exploding deficit? Check. Deficit spending to stir the economy? Check. Read a book dude.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Democrats are falling in love with the teabaggers.  The zealots will give them primary victories, but no one in their right mind will vote for them in a general election.

"but no one in their right mind will vote for them in a general election."

No one but the ones who voted for Obama expecting change.

That was kind of looney of them.

Obama supporters will vote for teabaggers in the general election?  Whatchoo smokin' ?

Some Obama supporters will.

They are called former Obama supporters.

There are a lot of them too.

1. colonial82 profile image60
                    colonial82posted 13 years agoin reply to this

"They are called former Obama supporters.

"There are a lot of them too."

Really? There are a lot of them? Really?  Since when?

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59

You're in for a very long wait.

1. lady_love158 profile image61
          lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so! Even the democrats won't admit they supported the health care bill and the ones that voted against it are getting re-elected! Castle was a liberal in republician clothing and that's why he's gone! I predict O'Donnel will win out right in Delaware!

3. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Her personal finances are in disarray, including unpaid back taxes and a mortgage that went into default."

Oh my, owing the government taxes??? sad What would Geithard, Daschle and Rangel say... roll

lol

1. maven101 profile image72
        maven101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

4. profile image0
      Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think her quite poor actually. She was admittedly quite sexually active in college, found Jesus probably after her bf cheated on her, and then went on a Crusade about masturbating being the seed of evil and adultery. She has used campaign funds to live off of, to give to her Mother, and to pay her personal bills. The fact that she was not charged on this is astonishing. With regards to the issues, she is very much like Palin in that they only spout off bumper sticker talking points, and never delve into the specifics of the argument. To me, she is playing on the worst that is America and making it work for her, kind of like the Republicans in general. All in all, sounds like a pretty piss poor person in general.

5. Jillian Barclay profile image73
      Jillian Barclayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Christine won't have money problems anymore if she wins the election in Delaware. If she is elected, I hope she spends her time in Congress searching out and exposing all of those cross-breds she is so frightened of? You know, the mice with the fully functioning human brains? Think she was in that lab as a test subject. You know, a candidate with a fully functioning mouse brain!

Christine is a partially functioning human with a mouse brain.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
          dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

either way Ralph, she is running, and winning over a few...soooo

something is happening, never say never sir.
          I have seen much worse make it   smile

Well, my faith in Delaware voters causes me to doubt that she'll even come close to being elected. The same may not be true in some of the red, Bible Belt state elections.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
              dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am afraid you are right, so far Tenn. is running expected candidates, nothing to write home about, but it can change

6. profile image53
      joe scaliseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Christine O Donnell and Karl Rove in the same sentence. We  should fear them both....him for his capabilities and she for her incapabilities  Bye the way isn't it ironic that the only survivor of the Bush/ Cheney team of thieves is Kaqrl Rove The republicans think that if they hide Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld,etc. that they can let Rove drive the bus and everyone will get on board.  The tea baggers, as uninformed and manipulated as they may be  don't want the Bush/Cheney style of government.......and Rove he is not about to share power with the baggers.....Glenn Beck.... et al.  My take is that politics and government have hit rock bottom but so has the American cuture.  Our culture bottomed out when more than one person thought Sara Palin qualified to be president

Sad but quite true, Joe.

Almost true Joe, but the bottoms obviously deeper than we thought, O'Donnell only won I think because people still think Palin is qualified for something. Oh and why do they keep calling her Governor she quit that job! So she's basically,,,, hmmm I'm not sure what she is? A paid spokesperson I guess.

7. Stump Parrish profile image62
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry but all of these attacks against O'Donnell are starting to resemble a witch hunt.

Well, she claimed she dabbled in witchcraft or wiccanry!

2. livelonger profile image87
    livelongerposted 13 years ago

I think it's amusing (and telling) that the Tea Party candidate, who is supposed to be about limited government and fiscal responsibility, is a classic social conservative (even against masturbation), something the TPers have been claiming they're trying to move away from.

Who would want to get away from masturbation?

Getting out of the way is a good idea sometimes...

2. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me, if it were you doing it! tongue

Thats probably a good thing, I can put an eye out at 300 meters.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
            kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure, anything you say http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/bleh.gif

pull the other one, its got bells on! big_smile

3. profile image53
        joe scaliseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let me see masturbation a sin......hmmm no monkeys in heaven.

2. weholdthesetruths profile image62
      weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who cares?   Can you imagine, the horror of having a person in the Senate who doesn't believe in masturbation.  Sheesh.  Gonna wreck the whole country, no?   I mean, seriously,  is this how you measure a person for office?  Whether or not they publicly advocate masturbation? 

I know nothing about her financial issues, but if she's an ordinary person, then the financial strains of running for office prove nothing other than she very well understands what real life is like, rather unlike the elitist goon in the White House.   

Frankly, give me a whole government full of people who are living life's struggles, including the abusive hands of government when it's extracting its blood from you.    Someone needs to chop it back to size.

1. Robertbloggert profile image65

But see thats the whole problem, you know nothing about her financial problems. And yet you would probably vote for her.
        Trust me she isn't struggling and she's not an ordinary person. An ordinary person struggles because they don't earn enough to spend, her financial problems stem from the fact that she spends money she doesn't earn. So she's merely an elitist goon in training.
        And no one told me this all you have to do is google her read her bio on wiki. And you'll see right away her life has been spent trying to find a way to live off of others.

3. maven101 profile image72
    maven101posted 13 years ago

O'Donnell is not the issue...the message being sent to RINO's is clear...We are tired of the same o same o, the endless compromising, the good old boy network, the control and direction of the Republican party by eastern liberal republicans...The message is clear: Conservatives want conservatives, and there are more of us than them...Rove, Krauthammer, and Perino continue to not get it, and continue to eat their own...Rove's trashing of O'Donnell is starting to smell like the proverbial mackerel shining in the moonlight...

1. I am DB Cooper profile image62
      I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree that this is what's going on here. People are so sick of the RINO candidates that they'll vote for anyone else. O'Donnell is a statement candidate, not for what she stands for, but because she is laughably unqualified and yet she still won the primary.

1. weholdthesetruths profile image62
        weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And, she could win the election, as well.

She could, but not likely that the people of Delaware are dumb enough to elect her as their representative. She would reflect badly on the state.

How would you explain Joe Biden then?

Joe Biden is a very smart man. We wouldn't be as deeply mired in Afghanistan if Obama had followed his advice.

"Joe Biden is a very smart man."

yikes lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Oh, you were being serious, sorry.

Yes, I was.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image64

"Endless compromising by the PARTY OF NO!!?" You must be kidding.

3. Robertbloggert profile image65

No, I would think conservatives want financially responsible conservaitves. Please don't be so stupid as to say your gonna vote for someone just because they say, "I love Jesus" or "Right to life" that is so idiotic. Seems like if Jesus loved you he would help you make your house payment and a Right to life doesn't mean a right to live of your campaign funds. Also even as a conservative it does bother me for someone to public speak about their personal problem with masturbation. Even if God did tell her it's wrong there are some things He tells us for us!
      This woman is just like Sarah Palin, she only wants one thing and that is for you morons to pay her to speak out loud. The sad thing is y'all keep paying them!

Who's the moron here..? Where is it mentioned that I was going to vote for her..? I live in Arizona, sweet cheeks...And what does God have to do with my comment...Straw Man arguments  must be big in Texas...If you want to rant in this forum please do not use my comment as a launching point...

4. Ralph Deeds profile image64

O'Donnell trashes her self every time she opens her mouth as do many of the other Republicans nominated by the Tea Party Express. They know what they don't like but are clueless about what they do like (propose).

"Who's the moron here?"--There are several--among others, Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell, Sharron Angle, Michelle Bachman. And Paladino isn't a moron but is a maniac. Rand Paul isn't a moron, but he's not intellectually equipped for the Senate.

The same argument can be made for our feckless president, or the unfortunately verbally challenged vice president, our confused and clueless speaker of the house, and our dim-witted and spineless senate majority leader...

Surely you're referring to the clowns in the Bush administration--Bush, Cheney, Speedy Gonzales and Lounge Lizard Boehner. Don't play poker with a man named Doc and never trust a lounge lizard Speaker of the House of Representatives with a fake tan, tassels on his snakeskin loafers and gold cuff links and bracelet.

The fearsome foursome of Obama, Biden. Pelosi, and Reid belong in the vice president's proverbial " bucket of warm spit "....Throw in Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, two of the most corrupt and inept politicians ever to disgrace the US congress...
            How's that Stimulus working out for ya'..?

1. habee profile image92
              habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you on that, Larry...BUT, I don't care for O'Donnell. I think she's a little wacky!

BTW, Joe Biden is smart??? Who knew?

Also - I don't like Rove, either. I hate what he did to McCain in 2000. McCain should have been the nominee instead of Georgie.

I'm not sure I would vote for her either, habee...but what is important is the message being sent loud and clear to the RINO's that conservatives have had it with the good old boy network and the diktat issued by the eastern liberal repubs...
                This is the thing...We, as conservatives, can buck the RINO grip on the Repub party, whereas liberals will continue to drink the Kool Aid regardless of the incompetency, corruptness ( think Rangel ), and disingenuousness of their leaders...Larry

Uhm do you even pay attention whats going on in the real world? Lets see did you forget all those little stimulis's Bush used to give? $500 here $500 there to every couple, $250 to every working person and sometimes twice a year. Do the math I think thats quite a lot of stimulis. Also you do realize we had a 2k+ rise in the market yesterday and the DOW is almost back to the 11k mark.  Quit listening to talk radio and look at how much better we are than say Bush's last year in office.
              And if you have a problem with the stimulis you should talk to the people running your state who haven't started using any of it yet. I mean c'mon Obama's great but he can't make every state apply for money to fix infrastructure and create jobs. Oh and I'm not from Texas I'm from good ole Dick (lets kill Iraqi's and our soldiers for Haliburton contracts) Cheaney's old town. Funny the Haliburton here isn't hiring much??

Uhm...? Does " Uhm " mean you are still sucking your thumb..? I don't discuss politics with children, especially stupid ones that hide behind scripted sarcasm that signifies nothing...
                I don't care where you are from, and who is " Cheaney " anyway..?

1. Robertbloggert profile image65

From the Urban Dictionary.
                  Uhm: Uhm is a word often used by programmers when they respond to a question that has no context, or is way too stupid to answer. Also used as a response to something inaccurate. Also used with 'uh'.
                  Uhm, Well that is certainly WRONG.
                  Uhm. No.
                  Very good attack the typos that way you can avoid looking silly over your lack of knowledge in politics. And I'm quite sure that I'm over half your age anyway, but hey I think you could pass for around your mid-30s or so. Oh and I should be careful about mispelling Cheney, I could get accidently shot for that.
                  And Sir I'm sorry if my rants seem harsh on you, but you are the one who went off topic,  "O'Donnell is not the issue..."  yes she is the issue we are discussing here.

4. AnnCee profile image67
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

Right on, mavin101.

5. Ralph Deeds profile image64
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

Christine O'Donnell's key campaign issue:  STOP MASTURBATION!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHcqcXo … r_embedded

6. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Right on Ralph Deeds, I am with you all the way.

7. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Me too!

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Larry, I agree that most conservatives are angry and fed up with the status quo, but I fear that they're cutting off their proverbial noses to spite their collective faces. Moderates and independents don't identify with far-right politicians. I think that some of the TEA Party candidates who beat more moderate Republicans in primaries will give most of those elections to democrats, when the Republicans would have had a good chance of winning. Sending a message is fine, but I think it would have been better to get a conservative or a moderate-conservative elected instead of a far-left democrat.

9. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Ms. O'Donnell is cut from the same shiny but flimsy cloth as her mentor Sarah Palin.
    She is on the lunatic fringe, for sure.
    Why in the world would a candidate for the United States Senate make masturbation a platform? It's not like the feds are gonna legislate jacking off anytime soon. Make that ever.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, but she makes Palin look almost "normal"!

10. Freeway Flyer profile image83
    Freeway Flyerposted 13 years ago

All that I know about her are various stories that are hear. It's difficult to know if these are true or just your standard political rumors. From what I have heard, she does not stand much of a chance anyway.

All the talk about her reveals much of what is wrong about American politics. So often, it has little do with policy. I'm no Tea Party or Sarah Palin fan, but people should focus on criticizing the policies - or lack thereof - proposed by candidates. Too often, it's about trashing people with sensational stories and rumors.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)