jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

U.S. Healthcare

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

This was posted for its humor content. The poster is still undecided as to the debate. Interesting times lie ahead…

- start -

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't.

Written by  a committee whose chairman says  he doesn't  understand it, passed by  a Congress that  hasn't read it,  but exempts themselves  from it.

To be signed by a president who also smokes.

With funding administered by a treasury chief who didn’t pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese.

And financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong…?

- end -

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

What's even funnier is the left thinks all this is just fine!

2. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

that about sums it up...yes sir ree, it does!....lolol

2. paradigmsearch profile image89

Some of the healthcare reforms kicked in today (Sept. 23, 2010).

3. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

I just went to my Doctor up here in Canada the other day.. I wasn't feeling great... gave me a prescription.. really nice guy (been out family doctor for years).

Next week my wife's going to deliver our first child with a great young doctor running the show (I will be drunk beside her begging for an epidural to help me my with the pain)...

God it's good to live in country with a Healthcare system.

4. paradigmsearch profile image89

"Next week my wife's going to deliver our first child..."

I wish you well! smile

1. Greek One profile image79
      Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Para...

I will be fine.. heavily sedated and intoxicated, but just fine

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
        Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations and best wishes for a safe delivery of a healthy baby. Have you chosen a name?

5. 0
    GladYaMetMe!posted 6 years ago

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
      PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am not obssessed w/ Politics as I really think we are screwed regardless, but is it true that our weights will be a deciding factor of how much we are covered and for what? My mother is concerned she won't get care being overweight (obese).
      Also, what is this stuff that San Francisco is banning pets? And that it will be illegal to use regular light bulbs in 2012, so we are closing all GE light bulb factories and many more Americans will be out of work. We will be purchasing all energy saving bulbs from CHINA? What is wrong w/ this picture.....

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
        dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Paula, for life insurance at work and disability insurance yes, they will make you go to a high risk pool, with much higher premiums, and or make you go to a default plan, that may cover nothing but minimal costs if anything did happen to her, and keep her from getting fined by the IRS, It is not good.

The other thing is the Medical Pannel boards, it is a bad loop- hole and no good for people. Tell her to be carefull what her doctor writes down for her Diagnosis. They are catagorizing people, like  a one medicine fits all kind of thing.

I hit that problem with my high blood pressure, I have had it sense I was a kid, and am not overweight, but I just went through a round with my Internist while He searched for a combination of meds that worked for my age-body type and condition. You change as you age.

He hit it and it is working, But Signa Insurance just sent me a letter from an Indian Doctor who resides in India, and has an office in Wash. DC. he sits on their review board. He stated they will not pay for my new meds, because all I need for Type two Diabeetes are the meds he worte on the letter?, and they listed those meds only,  they would let me have????

The meds listed are what  I used to take and they no longer work for me, My doctor just went through all of that, and Cigna paid the office visits and tests for it!

As I get Older my body is changing, thus my meds changed.  so now If I want my new meds I have to buy them myself, or get another polocy that works for me at much higher costs; meantime they- Cigna, are still taking the money out for my  pay for the Health polocy at work!!!!!!

My doctor sent them a letter, and they refused his rquests and have not answerd me. An Attorney told me I have to have the permission of the Goverment to sue out of Country and that Doctor is not a resident of the US, but of India, and India would not grant the request for me to be heard.

and also Insurance Co's are protected from certin suits.

even though that doctor has never examined me, tested me, or even looked at my record, current record.  he made the decision based on 1 piece of paper that had my diagnosis on it.

Tell her to be very carefull, Its the hidden stuff in this bill that we do not know. Like the review boards and things like that.

and watch out...it is comming.

2. JOE BARNETT profile image60
        JOE BARNETTposted 6 years ago in reply to this

general electric moved to mexico 20 years ago. but, they still call themselves an american company

6. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

This entire subject is pathetic, worn-out, borderline ridiculous and shows just how ignorant government truly is and has been for years. hmm

7. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Actually, the subject shows just how shameless and greedy the insurance companies are.
    First order of business after September 23rd?
    Stop offering child-only insurance plans.
    Real humanitarian.
    God forbid any of them make less than double digit profits.
    But yeah, I'd have to agree that enacting a HC bill and not anticipating the insurance industry's inevitable backlash wasn't too bright.

GO -- Can I have some of your epidural, pls? I need it!

8. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Yes, PaulaHenry.
    Body Mass Index (BMI) already is a major factor in who receives medical coverage and how much it costs.
    Check out this chart to determine how severely obese your mom is.She is right to be afraid!
    Notice that there is absolutely no allowance for frame size. For example, my husband has 56" shoulders and thick,muscly legs (former football palyer). But that doesn't matter.
    BMI is simply weight/height. End of story.

As for GE, don't worry about them. They're highly diversified -- and innovative. No doubt are already hard at work on the next generation of light bulb.

9. 0
    GladYaMetMe!posted 6 years ago

The insurance and banking decks have been stacked for years, thanks to their lobbyists and my senators, Joe Lieberman and Chris Dodd who sold us out years ago. I've watched our insurance industry get merged into greedy global behemoths that no longer support the communities they reside in.

Nevertheless, things will get much worse if Linda McMahon beats our AG, Dick Blumenthal in November--not that I have anything against WWF wrestling exploitation of women and midgets!

10. IntimatEvolution profile image81
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

Got signed into Law!  I'm excited!big_smile