Pastor Eddie Long and the Wages of Sin

1. missthelmasboy profile image60
    missthelmasboyposted 6 years ago

The interest in the life of Pastor Eddie Long has drawn national interest.  This case feeds the obsession with all matters sexual and the judgement attendant to them.  Isn't it curious that there always seems to be a sexual scandal in the news?  Isn't it curious that we often respond to them with perdictable shock and dismay?
         Pastor Long is in the spotlight now and it is quite painful for everyone involved.  Putting aside the nature of these allegations, I would propose that we seriously examine "the wages of sin."  The bible states that the only sin that is will not be forgiven is blaspheming the holy spirit.  Matthew 12:31-32   "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.  That being the case, I have to ask the question as to whether any of the other multitude of sins are greater than others? 
         There is an issue within the church regarding sexual abuse and exploitation.  There are also issues of greed,idolatry,lust,gossip,back stabbing,lying and many other forms of exploitation and abuse.  However,these matters are often overlooked and certainly don't garner the level of attention associated with sexual matters.
         The nature of the sin influences our judgement and reactions to them.  I just wonder how,  from a biblical standpoint, how one sin is greater than another.  Who, should throw the first stone?
          It seems the more we repress and shy away from discussing sexual issues, the more power and influence they have over our lives.  Pastor Long, from a legal standpoint, is innocent until proven guilty.  However, in the court of public opinion much of the damage has already been done. 
            Does this sin warrant , in the eyes of God, a harsher judgement and less forgiveness than others??  Help me understand this issue more clearly if you can.....

1. 0
      AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

King David is a man after GOD'S own heart inspite of his sin. GOD looks upon the heart of a man or woman in relationship of their own personal relationship to him. Sin is sin and there is no other sin greater than any other sin except the one you said about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. That is another issue and I am going to stay on the topic of sin. First I give my prayer and full support to Pastor Eddie Long in public. He is a man of GOD and always will be. This is where LOVE PEACE FREE comes into play for humanity on the earth as I have been telling you about the principle for human beings to live upon the earth and how the kingdom of GOD suppose to function on the earth. Every person on the earth have sinned. In the eyes of GOD, he searches the deepest regions of man's heart. GOD knows every single person weakness of sin in there life no matter what the sin is, so it does not matter what sin a person commit. It does matter if a person chooses with their free will which humanity does have to not deal with it and overcome it with GOD'S help through the Holy Spirit who;s job is to help people overcome the sin that is in their life. You do reap what you sow but remember that it is written in the bible that LOVE covers over a multitude of sin. So you can see now why LOVE PEACE FREE is the way of life that Jesus Christ shown to humanity while he was living on the earth to bring humanity into a fellowship and intimate relationship with GOD. The benefits are many for those who know and walk with GOD like Pastor Eddie Long and myself. This is the time to be love be peace be free with each other and support one another. The grace of GOD will bring Pastor Eddie Long through this difficult situation. GOD loves you Pastor, I love you pastor, and keep your head up high and continue with your intimate knowing and walking with GOD moment by moment. Thank you. Go in peace.