jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Has Hubpages become sterilized to the point of complete boredom?

1. Friendlyword profile image61
    Friendlywordposted 6 years ago

I know I'm not "A WRITER" and I just stumble on to hubpages. But, when I came on hubpages; there were people on here that rocked. They took their chances, they spoke their minds, and we would address the topics of the day. Lita, Tex, and rest of the Lions that saw the cobwebs forming on this site; you had the right idea to move on to sites that don't ban you for every original thought you have. Self help and 10 different ways to use baking soda hubs and forums are...ok I guess. I like money as much as the next guy. But, am I the only one feeling bored out of my mind seeing the same old hub subjects and forums topics being posted, and is this just a site to make money with KEYWORDS; and no real subject matter? Where is the Passion? I was horrified when I found myself tempted to go to the Religious Forum for some interesting conversation. I was inspired when I joined hubpages. My hubs show that. But, I'm not feeling you lately hubpages! Is it just me?

1. JulesGerome profile image61
      JulesGeromeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No. It's not just you. I find it boring too. That's why I don't write hubs, nor come in the forums anymore. I thought it was a nice place at first, but then I found out there's a lot of censorship and some guys that are patrolling the forums and reporting posters for nothing really. One of them is called cagsil. Whoever that is, it's not cool.

1. 0
        SirDentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Reporting posters means nothing if they did nothing wrong.  Personall attacks are not tolerated and is the main reason many have been banned from the forums.

I could go around and flag every forum post there is, but it means nothing unless there is a reason for it to be removed.

2. 0
      SirDentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HubPages is a business.  It should be treated as a business.  Write more hubs and stop worrying about finding something exciting to do or say.  Too many leave because their feelings are hurt.  What's the point?

Friendlywordposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are absolutely right, I'm sorry to say. It's just that I have my day job. I write hubs and post to the forums when I have something to say.

2. 70
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

I don't believe it is just you.  I get the same feeling.  There used to be characters that would show up and liven things up, but it seems arguing about religion and bashing Bush and Palin are the only things many have on their minds.
    Must be the dreaded 'malaise'!

Friendlywordposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This site taught me to speak my mind. I love hubpages and the people here. I have the urge to write more hubs, I hate the fact that I have to look elsewhere for inspiration.

3. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

Well badcompany is back, and he will try anyway. Don't know if he will be able to come in the forums yet, but if he does . . . look out. big_smile