jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

White America Loses its Mind

1. 59
    SaverQueenposted 6 years ago

Today, Newsweek has found, nearly a quarter of Americans believe that Obama is a Muslim, with barely 42 percent of the nation accepting his claim that he's a Christian. CNN finds that a quarter of Americans also believe that Obama was "probably or definitely" born in another country.

http://www.villagevoice.com/2010-09-29/ … -its-mind/

Who am I to argue?

2. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

Remember that whole thing when Orson Wells proclaimed on the radio that Martians had landed??
    It caused a panic!

People are gullible and infinitely manipulatable. And all you have to do is keep repeating it over and over and over.

"You are getting sleepy......."

The absolute best at it IMO, is Benny Hinn. Masterful! He uses music, emotion, scholarly posing, and  theatrics so well that you can't help but admire it.

However, when he "passes the hat" around, and you realize that he probably just raked in 2 million bucks, the shine comes off the apple.

Glenn Beck does much the same thing.
    Overly theatrical, imo--but he gets the job done!

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

Unless they only surveyed white people WTF with the title?

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That title, and a few things the author of the article neglected to add, says a lot of about the mind of the author (NOT "White Americans", who, like Americans of other colors, don't "all think alike").  The author also "all Americans" (apparently) think Obama may be Muslim because of a childhood in Kenya.  That's not what I've heard over the last years since Obama has been a factor in the public discourse.   From what I've heard, people who think that think it (or at least "wonder it") because he was educated in a Muslim school.  Regardless of who surveyed whom, who thinks what, who is slanted in one direction or another, etc. etc. that article is a piece of junk that doesn't deserve publication or viewing.

1. Bohemian rhapsody profile image61
        Bohemian rhapsodyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree w/ Lisa HW