jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

GOLD! finally a concise answer to our economy...

1. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago

someone has taken the mass of information out there on ecnonmies, money and gold and the "international bankers", and put together a solution, a simple solution to our monetary system or corruption... If you haven't wanted to read all that information, let alone come up with a concise conclusion and answer the
    fix things...here is one, done for you!
    Check it out!

after reading this...I'm moving to North Dakota...read and find out why!!!

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So how do we get our Nation back on the gold standard, given the mess we now have of our government living on credit and paper money?

SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

...this is a serious link, I mean it has serious answers... 6 steps to fix it all, and it begins with getting the new congress in this November, so that they will vote on congress returning to doing it's Constitutional duty of dealing with money

2. Evan G Rogers profile image84
        Evan G Rogersposted 6 years ago in reply to this

it's not too hard to do - Just *gasp* follow the constitution.

1- have congress declare that, on January 1st, 2015 (or something), the market price for an ounce of gold (i.e. $2000) will forever be exchangeable at any bank in the united states (maybe just make it certain bigger banks) for an ounce of gold.

2- because this would likely lead to an artificially high price of gold (speculators would buy gold like crazy to profit off of the future selling to banks), announce that there will be another re-pricing every 3 months (or so) for the next 5 years.

3- and then just deal with the prices. Congress DOES have the power to readjust the price of dollars-to-gold ratio.

It really wouldn't be TOO hard (i'm sure there are a few flaws that I'm missing), but the entire European Continent just switched currencies... I'm sure we could handle switching to a real currency!

If you're serious about returning to gold, check out mises.org, and check out the videos!

here's a good one:
        http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 567002553#

2. Evan G Rogers profile image84

i wrote a few hubs about this - check em out "evan's easy economics"

2. alternate poet profile image74
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

It is a shame that most of it is distorted truth, most of it applies to pretty much any metal or substance.

There is nothing more special about gold than many other metals.

The gold standard is not a workeable solution to modern economics, it is a right wing desire to 'have' huge wealth 'in the hand', piles of treasure that they can 'see'.  It was abandoned as a standard when the UK and then the US ran out of money the first time around - as these countries are deeply in debt your gold reserve would be a minus quantity and shipping the couple of trillion dollars you owe China would be a risky business when they call in the loan next time you look like going broke - and what would China do with all that pile of metal when they are busy making the new world economy.

SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

doing the reading is helpful to understanding...and if you can't accept this concise conclusion, I guess you will have to do all the extensive reading of materials yourself and coming up with your own answers.  It seems obvious, and simple, to me from the 6 steps outlined on this website

3. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

Gold isn't the answer...silver is.

As in greenbacks backed by silver.

As in printing our own money.

Gold is promoted by Beckles the Evil Clown...that's how I KNOW it's a scam!

Scam is his middle name.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image84

Actually, the TRUE answer isn't gold.

nor silver.

The true answer is "whatever the market happens to accept as money."

It could be copper, palladium, platinum, cement... whatever. IT's just that it's almost always -- as proven by over 5 millennia of history -- gold that wins out.

Anyone who's serious about looking into gold should check out mises.org. Check out the videos!

here's a good one

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 567002553#