jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Bias in the media? Is rain wet?

1. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

Russsshhhhhhh Limbaugh called the President of the United States a "Jack-Ass", "An Ignoramus", and "An Illiterate". He still has his billionaire-status job.

Rick Sanchez calls John Stewart "A Bigot", and gets fired.

Is it just me, or is something backwards here?

Sanchez is right.....who owns the media?

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I dunno who owns it, but apparently a group of liberals owned it during the Election in 2008.
      What?!  I didn't hear you whining about media bias then!  Nor did you take exception to it when Obama referred to the actions of a certain public service group as stupid.

Let's see....Sanchez and Stewart are both liberals, if I'm not mistaken.   So....maybe even some of the liberal powers-that-be are trying to root out bigotry now so that they'll look better as the mid-terms get under way.....

Or maybe it was the insertion of the issue of Judaism that was taken offense to.   I'm rather pleased that it's still not pc to offend the chosen Nation of God, even though you've gotten by with it several times here on this site.

I want to add that, from what I read, Rick Sanchez didn't seem to be intending to offend Jews at all!   And he's got a very likable personality and talent.   But I'm glad that there's still a lot of respect for Israel and for the Judaism in general.

1. donotfear profile image91
        donotfearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ha!!  lol  I love this one, Brenda!

2. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

John Stewart of the Daily Show?
      If so, somehow I doubt very much he cares what this guys called him.

Anyone going on that sanity rally John is planning?

3. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

One man had a boss who didn't like anti-Semitism, the other had a boss who didn't like Obama.  No great mystery there.