jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

TX Rick Perry or Bill White - what do you think?

1. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 6 years ago

It is hard to decide in the TX governor's race whether to choose a career politician good at lying tricks, Rick Perry, or a democrat, Bill White. Who would you choose?

1. 0
      Texasbetaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am voting for Bill White. Perry is one of the slimiest cats in the business.

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

The two of them certainly have some heavy mud-slinging going on.

3. donotfear profile image91
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

I think Rick Perry has been in office too dang long. They need to have term limits in TX.  Once he's been in so long it becomes like a dictatorship.

4. JOE BARNETT profile image61
    JOE BARNETTposted 6 years ago

bill white gets my vote. rick is one of bush's boys. bill white is an economist with a degree in economics. perry is a farmer with a degree in animal husbandry. he has no qualifications whatsoever accept that he's a good ol' boy and was "APPOINTED" gov ha ha ha  how do ya like that

5. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 6 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to share with me your perspective on the TX governor's race. Helps me further think through my choice. If you have any more thoughts to share, I'll keep listening. Blessings to you all!

6. KFlippin profile image61
    KFlippinposted 6 years ago

I don't see how Perry's background as a real American farmer, a Texas farmer, makes him less desirable than White, the economist.  Who is slimiest?  There's a joke of an argument, a notion, given that all have connections if they are in office, or close to thinking they may be.

Texas needs a Texan who believes in Texas autonomy and independence and profitability.  Perry believes in Texas, White might become a poster boy for Obama, we've no idea what is offered to him by the national Dem party if he wins, we know Perry is on his own, and I like that.  I don't like Perry's super highway notions and taking Texans' land to accomplish those notions, not without FAIR pay for that land and the consequences, and I hope and hope that Texas is so far up on the SHIT list that no Fed help comes for Any Texas highway plans that screw farmers. 

Guaranteed that White will screw farmers out of their land, even if the highway expansions were not his brainy idea, it is the liberal Democratic Vision.  Vote NO for White.

1. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Really appreciated your perspective KFlippin! Yes, Perry really does believe in TX and it sure makes a difference ... except, yes, for that highway bad. Thanks!

7. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

That superhighway is the blueprint for Mexamericanada....which Perry wants. Opening the borders for business (drug-running).
    He's long been a proponent of it, as was Bush.
    Don't see how that makes him pro-Texas, only pro-business at any expense.

Oh, and foreign countries would own that highway...selling America to make a buck. That's Perry.