jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

analysis of Clinton failure for presidency...

1. SparklingJewel profile image69
    SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago

the analysis of Rebecca Sinderbrand from CNN of why Hillary Clinton's campaign for the presidency failed, I found to be very good. It is on the net front page at CNN today.

I am glad others keep track of point by point plays...I sure don't!

I think Hillary had an extremely hard time coming just for being a woman...it opened up new consciousness for the people to consider. and now that Obama is the man for the Dems, that consiousness will continue to expand! smile

what the end result will be as to where that consciousness will be when the vote is due in November is going to be a ride I will never forget. It is so exciting to be alive at this turn of the millennia where the world we have known is falling away...and what will be built is a big ?
    A bit scary too!!  big_smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I think Hillary Clinton had a hard time because she was Hillary Clinton not necessarily because she was a woman...

1. Eunice Apia profile image60
      Eunice Apiaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I was going to say it but you said it for me. She was her own downfall. She was cocky and overbearing. Her people tried to play the women card which ended up working against them instead of for them.

People in the beginning were rooting for her until she start the smear campaigns against her opponents. We are living in a generation where people are tired of the drama and want a laid back president who is down to earth but not overly emotional. I don't think her being emotional had anything to do with her being a woman. It had to do with her manipulating people. I have no problem with her crying the few times she did. I just wish she did it behind closed doors. It's like when Romney decided to post the video of himself in a depressive state. He was out soon after.

People want a caring president, but people also want one who would not crumble against pressure or start lashing out at opponents in order to win a fight. It's about keeping composure at all times. As far as I know, Obama and McCain have done so; so far.

3. 0
    pgrundyposted 8 years ago

For me, one of the most exciting things about the competition between them is that as the contest wore on, race and gender became less and less of an issue. I do think Obama won on his merits and Hillary lost due to some character traits unique to Hillary that had nothing to do with the gender. I really do think the competition transcended race and gender by the end of it, which has been inspiring, at least for me.

4. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image76
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

If Obama lost, people and analysts may said because of his race.Both the democrats were odd one this time and first time in the American history.
    A professor (I can not name to maintain privacy) told me 3 months back that Clinton would loose. I asked her how? I Added "she is the celebraty and Obama is less known". I got the answer that 'cauze.
    I got the answer. Clinton lost because she is a celebraty and this not work in the elections.
    jyoti kothari

1. TheCapn profile image61
      TheCapnposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's not always true. I live in California and the governor here got elected almost entirely due to the fact that he was a celebrity.

5. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image76

May not be true always but sometimes. People are afraid of acelebrity that they will be busy in other things than to a public problem.
    NDTV.com speaks of a gender bias, of course.
    Jyoti Kothari

1. MrMarmalade profile image84
      MrMarmaladeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Maybe more who the Celebrity is?
      I think the good lady was 90% the cause of her own downfall.
      Maybe her soul mate did not help.

2. Eunice Apia profile image60
      Eunice Apiaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Not true. People trust celebrities more because their seem more open and their life appears to be an open book. It was her personality that caused her to lose. In the end, people stopped trusting in her. She was inconsistent.

6. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image76

jyoti kothari

7. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

I personally think were more ready for a black president then a women. Thats why Obama is gonna owinna hehe.