Double Standard In Male/Female Candidate ebates?

1. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Did anyone else watch last night's debate between Tea Party darling Christine O'Donnell and Chris Coons live on CNN?

My observation: Like Tuesday night's final debate between Meg Whitman (R) and Jerry Brown (D) running for CA governor, the difference between the candidates comes down to this:

She vacillates between sound-bite attacks and trying to be likable (O'Donnell did a better job). She is accorded much latitude by the moderators.
    He knows his stuff and has a clear message, but comes off as a bit cold, aloof and wonkish. You could tell both "hes" were trying hard not to slam the "hers" against the wall.

Here's an article about the Christine O'Donnell/Chris Coons debate. … tml?hpt=C2

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
      Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Coons is a better choice than McDonnell on issues that are important to American women (and men).

2. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

I loved his answer about which Constitution does Christine O'Donnell uphold. He says he upholds the Constitution as it NOW STANDS -- which is the only correct answer.
    And I respected what he said about being personally against abortion but protecting its legality, borrowing from (not sure whose) line that it should be safe, legal, and rare.