jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Political TV Ads...

1. ChristinaScibona profile image88
    ChristinaScibonaposted 6 years ago

Thought that I would just put this out there....

Anyone else notice how the canidates for this years elections are using really nasty tv campaign ads?  I am just about sick of them and can't wait for the elections to be over!

1. Petra Vlah profile image61
      Petra Vlahposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just this year?! It has been going on for a very long time - scandal sells and people will remember negative actions a lot better than possitive ones.
      All those ads are made by expert company advertisers and they know exactly what has a big impact and what not.
      In the end, the richest man wins; it is a joke!

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I mute them.  whoever writes them appeals to those who don't think for themselves. nauseating..

3. ddsurfsca profile image77
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

The problem is this, they work----because people do not read up on the facts for themselves, they hear this stuff on the television and whether or not there is not one true thing stated, it sticks.  It sticks in peoples minds, and then the small percentage of those that actually go to the poll places to vote, only remember the mud slinging that went on and vote as if it were gospel. That is how we end up with the dishonest, ignorant, liars in office not doing their jobs, not taking care of our financial matters, and spending money as if it were going out of style, or as if they were going to get caught tomarrow.

4. ChristinaScibona profile image88
    ChristinaScibonaposted 6 years ago

It is sad that they work...this year has been particularly bad in New York and everyone is bashing everyone.  I haven't heard one good thing from anyone...it actually makes it so I do not want to go out and vote.

5. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

now, they're cramming with the phone calls. as I was just now working on a hub, I heard Sarah Palin leave a message.
    earlier when I was listening to my messages, I had heard a couple times from Rick Scott, Jeb Bush, Charlie Crist, Alex Sink, Barack Obama, my local congressmen and various organizations... and I already voted.

1. Sab Oh profile image59
      Sab Ohposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They want you to vote again

6. Jim Hunter profile image62
    Jim Hunterposted 5 years ago

I hate political tv's.

7. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

I'm sooo jealous! You got a call from Sarah Palin? Wow! Can I touch you lol?

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

you know it's a recording, but all of a sudden while working intently on this hub, Hi, my name is Sarah Palin....

or going through messages, Hello, this is Barack Obama...

and then in the midst of the political ads was the cheery voice of the lady who calls me each month for donations to the AmVets. big_smile