Questions About Starting a Charity

1. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 6 years ago

There is a particular charity I support, however, they have no efforts in my area. I am disappointed by the tshirts they offer and to be honest, I think my sister and I would do a stellar job of getting community outreach on the particular issue in our area.

However, we're thinking of starting our own charity -- that way we can control over the designs of the shirts, the management, events, etc. Like I said, I'm kind of disappointed by the lack of "grassroots" efforts in this particular charity I care about. They, however, do very well in allocating funds to victims, etc... something my sister and I would not be very good at. Is there a way we could open a charity that raises funds for another charity. Like We are ABA charity, we have ABA shirts, and we throw ABA events, but we let everyone know that all the money goes to BAB charity. I'm just wondering how this would be done.

2. Sparhawke profile image60
    Sparhawkeposted 6 years ago

I think the best way to go about it would probably just be to contact the charity in question and ask them what the process is for opening a related shop, I am sure there will not be many problems in doing so.

This thread from Englands most popular consumer website (A leviathan of a site with 6,000,000 visits a month) has some information on doing such a thing and while you will likely have to adapt it to where you live some should be the same smile … ?t=1406833 … ?t=1732591