jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

The truth about Health care reform

1. Jim Hunter profile image62
    Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago

From our Dear leader.

"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." –in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

You just can't make this stuff up.

1. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Idiot in chief! Freudian slip perhaps? We can already see how well his reforms are working!

Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The most telling thing is the media blitz using our tax dollars to tell us how good his reform is.

He's the fricking President, ask for some airtime and try to sell it to us, its cheaper that way.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image90
        Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"We can already see how well his reforms are working!"

No we can't. Many of them aren't even in effect yet. What a stupid comment.

Jim Hunterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Its not a stupid statement at all.

McDonalds along with 30 other companies have asked for waivers  so they can continue to offer their employees affordable health care.

The plan all along has been to force companies to do away with health coverage so the government can come to the rescue with the "Public option".

Problem is Obama didn't expect it to happen so soon and be forced to show his hand.

But you already knew that.

2. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 6 years ago

How many of you complainers have read, no, studied the 2000+ page heath bill?
    The politicians who voted for and against it didn't even read it!
    Study it and come back and complain. You might be considered credible if ya did that.
    Obama is the titular head of the nation. He is no more responsible for the nations economic problems that are his kids.
    Place blame where it is due.
    "We the people" vote politicians into office then complain when promises are forgotten or broken.
    MONEY controls politics. "Oil" is the boss! When are ya'll gonna learn this!
    Vote for politicians who are dedicated to creating a new energy program which gets us off foreign oil!
    Vote with "smarts!"...not emotion!
    Obama is just a politician with an ego of the proper size to want to suffer the frustration and pain of being the "alledged" most powerful leader on the planet.

1. Ray Thoughts profile image61
      Ray Thoughtsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Doesn't seem like you've read it either;nevertheless, I don't have to read it to see the damage it has already caused......not to mention the unfairness in taking someone else's money without permission and using it for someone else.  I work for a Quasi-State Governmental agency and we buy insurance just like everyone else; well our insurer informed us that due to this new health care plan, we would be seeing a 26% hike in our premiums.  Our raises were only 3% ...... do the math.  I lost money this year.  According to the insurer, this is going on accross the board thoughout the US.  Also, I have trouble allowing a government  to control the health care of all US citizens when they can't even effectively manage the different agencies they do run.

1. qwark profile image59
        qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Ray:
        ...and yer blamin" Obama for this?
        Pls re-read my comment.
        If you are involved in QUASI state gov't, I don't know why you don't fall into the catgory of "voter."
        I worked in mid-management in state gov't.
        It didn't make me an expert on anything but my job.
        If you haven't already, pls study the history of the Rothschilds, their involvement in the Fed reserve and the world banks.
        Then study the effects of the power 'big" oil exerts over world economics and POLITICS.
        Obama is but a pawn. Congress, the senate and Fed courts run this REPUBLIC...and they are all on the dole of the oil magnates and of the international cabal which has in mind the "ABSOLUTE" control of world economy.
        The American voting public is naive to the max!

2. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How do you feel about your taxes going for roads, defense, food and drug safety?

Health care is exactly the same issue.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
          Druid Dudeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

force those who can't afford insurance to get it or face a fine. Figures that DC ers wouldn't understand what CAN'T AFFORD IT means. Another symptom of the real illness?

1. 0
            Texasbetaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There will be subsidies for those who cannot afford it. Right now your tax dollars are going to pay for people who can't pay is it is, when they go to the emergency room for treatment. In that world, they get the most expensive and least effective treatment. Don't be dumb. Look something up.

3. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 6 years ago

The truly blind are those who cannot see! This describes
    the American voting public.