jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

As I continue my quest to learn US Politics,Obama seems to ..........

1. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

Todays leading News yikes

I'm so getting an i pad now, or hubbing it. With this kind of endorsement, for sure I could sell 5, yes?

First iPad autograph by Barack Obama as President agrees to iSign
    President Barack Obama has given his first ever iPad autograph

– to a fan named Sylvester Cann – after he previously denounced the device as a "distraction".

By Jacqui Goddard in Miami
    Published: 4:29PM BST 23 Oct 2010

Obama 'avoids Golden Temple over Muslim photo fears'
    A scowling bodyguard shook his head at Mr Cann and told him "No". But the president smiled and stepped closer, touching his fingertip to the screen and scrawling his signature obligingly.
    "Secret Service was leery about the idea, but they got over it and the president thought it was cool," explained Mr Cann, 30, who is a legislative aide to Democratic state congressman Scott White, and a self-described "big technology guy".
    "This has to be the first time an iPad has received a presidential autograph," he added.
    Mr Obama's technological breakthrough moment came at the University of Washington in Seattle, a day after he met with the iPad's creator, Steve Jobs, chief executive of Apple.
    Yet in May, the President bemoaned iPads and other computer gadgetry during a critique of modern media, telling students at Hampton University in Virginia: "With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations – none of which I know how to work – information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment."

Just curious do you think there may b a slight increase in ipad sales today?  Please say no

2. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago

No.  haha  I hope not!

But whatever!

Anyone who gets his autograph can look forward to it being worth a lot later on, if there's a way to save it for posterity.  Who wouldn't want to have an item from the worst President in history?  Rock on.

1. pisean282311 profile image60
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

worst president...well i thought bush never had competition...

2. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

W has no idea what an ipad is.

3. b. Malin profile image59
    b. Malinposted 6 years ago

After seeing this, I'm so NOT getting an ipad!

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

according to the historians, that honor would have to go to James Buchanan. Historians won't classify Obama as the worst president in US history.
    There have been a number of them.