I'm Voting Republican

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (92 posts)
  1. stephhicks68 profile image88
    stephhicks68posted 15 years ago

Watch this video and you will too!

http://www.imvotingrepublican.com/

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Steph! I sent it to all my GOPer friends!

2. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

All I got was this:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

T_T

stephhicks68posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh no!  Its a really funny parody.  Well, maybe I'll try again.

2. College politico profile image59
      College politicoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You're lucky because that message is atleast a thousand times funnier and more clever than the video that was posted here.

1. funride profile image67
        funrideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Why!? Are you voting republican? tongue

1. College politico profile image59

Well lets see... I'm voting against higher taxes. I'm voting against killing the unborn. I'm voting against giving condoms to elementary school students. I'm voting against surrender in the midst of victory. I'm voting against massive government spending. I'm voting against massive expansion of government. I'm voting against a 1990's attitude towards terrorism and national security. I'm voting against giving reckless dictators even the time of day without preconditions. And I'm voting against destroying our economy on the idiotic advice of a recluse who can't practice what he preaches.

So I guess I'm not voting democrat atleast...

1. DJ Funktual profile image76
            DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL!   DID YOU NOTICE THAT EVERY OTHER WORD IS AGAINST.
            Republicans sure are a bunch of Warlocks!

Try Raging AGAINST the dying of the light.
            or better yet Rage AGAINST the Machine!

Well the theme of the post was outlining what I'm voting against... and I'm not a republican because, in case you haven't noticed, many republicans want to do some of the things listed in my post. But the difference is that nearly ALL democrats want to do ALL of the things listed in my post.

2. darkside profile image66
            darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Where is this victory that you speak of?

I was speaking of Iraq where the month of June has produced the lowest level of violence since the very beginning of the war.

But I say that only to clarify the post you asked about and not to start a debate on the war because its been made clear that this is not a thread for extended debate.

3. stephhicks68 profile image88

http://www.imvotingrepublican.com/

If this doesn't work, then maybe cut and paste into your own browser.... sorry!

4. College politico profile image59
    College politicoposted 15 years ago

No offense to you though steph... I just dislike the video

5. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

The video had some cute points in it.

6. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

I enjoyed the video Steph - voting Republican...oy.

7. Maddie Ruud profile image71
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

What disturbed me was the man selling racist pins at a Republican convention last week.... well... one of the many things that disturbs me...

Yes but if you read the article that guy also sells democratic memorabilia... So I'm not sure that this story says anything about the republican party

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
        Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The difference is, there's no market for such a thing among Democrats.

1. SweetiePie profile image82
          SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There are some racist Democrats in rural areas.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/ju … aryclinton

Which party has the ex-clansman in it? And by that I mean which party elected has a member of congress who is a former member of the KKK?

1. Shadesbreath profile image76
            Shadesbreathposted 15 years agoin reply to this

One bad apple spoils the lot!!!!

1. gjcody profile image65
                gjcodyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Do you think it really matters.  I think it is such a game out there.  They will do what they want anyways.  Would be nice to believe we have a choice.

8. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69

I hadn't even heard of that pin!  How ridiculous, scary, and insulting. 

"We’re into humor - not racism."  -Well, I see no humor in that, only racism.

Wow - I hadn't heard of that pin, either.

9. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

Politics and religion tend to be discussions in which nobody genuinely listens.  I imagine this will go the same.  None the less, the video was a bit too over the top to be funny, but it definately lines out the Democratic party views.  I wonder if there's a counter to it being made somewhere by the Republicans... or even the Independents for that matter.

10. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Seems to me that government spending has gone up in the past 8 years with more controls on liberty...

Seems to me that in the last 2 years consumer confidence has plummeted, pork barrel projects have increased, unemployment has risen, and economic growth has nearly stopped all together. Is it a coincidence that the body of government most responsible for all of this was taken over by the democratic party 2 years ago?

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66

Very true!

11. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69

....anyway....

I sent the video to some other people, Steph, so thanks again for the link.

Agreed, Stacie.  Time for some de-escalation.  I had to moderate my own response to CP's clansman comment wink

2. stephhicks68 profile image88

Sure Stacie!

12. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

If this is going to become a lengthy thread about politics, could you guys please take it to the Politics forum?

Thanks

Jenny

13. Maddie Ruud profile image71
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

If this thread is going to turn into a debate, I'm going to have to move it to the Politics forum, which I'd hate to do, since Steph was simply trying to share a funny video with us all.

Please start a new thread in the appropriate topical forum if you'd like to debate further, so I don't have to do that.

It may be funny to some but its quite obviously a political video and is actually quite offensive as it says that anyone who is a republican or votes republican doesn't want a cure for aids or breast cancer, implies that republicans are racist and put minorities in prison, and on and on and on...

(Disclaimer: I don't think that Steph intended to offend anyone)

You did exactly the same thing in your description of Democrats earlier in this thread.

Anyway, I'm not here to debate what is or isn't a debate.  I'm here to move the thread if this turns into a heated political discussion, as opposed to a "hey look what I found" post.

Fair enough...

It struck me as a quite accurate video! :-)

14. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

thanks, Maddie - you are a four-star moderator in my book.

Jenny

15. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

When it comes to politics it might get a little ugly arguing wise.  College Politico you know not all Republicans feel this way and it is just a video, nothing more.  I would just not watch it.

16. DJ Funktual profile image76
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

Just watched the video.  Hilarious.   In a creepy all too true way.

17. Health Conscious profile image61
    Health Consciousposted 15 years ago

It is a long way to Nov so please pace yourselves.

We are all guilty of getting a little too polarized - myself included - I almost jumped in when I first saw this several hours ago, but stopped myself just short of doing so.

It does no good to tear down or make fun of someone else's beliefs - so all posts here are guilty regardless of whether you call it a joke or not.

The movie is just as much of an insult as the racist pins just to different demographics.

Both are over the top regardless of your affiliation.

You cannot complain about the candidates going negative when we the people beat them to it.

I think most of us forget that both sides try to do what they feel is best - regardless of what you have come to believe.

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image72
      Peter M. Lopezposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  smile

I can sit around and debate with my friend for hours on end, we just don't let our emotions control the discussion...and we all still love each other when we're through.  Usually.

18. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69

Have you guys seen the In the Valley of Elah?  I saw a preview for it, and added it to our Netflix queue - watched last weekend.

It focuses on something that is often left out of the Iraq/war debate: the effect it has on the soldiers when they return, as well as the people around them.

Hopefully not opening a can of worms, but adding another "Hey, check this out!"

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This is the best film I have watched in years. I didn't know Tommy Lee Jones had it in him.

19. DJ Funktual profile image76
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

I've been waiting weeks to get ELAH from Netflix.    TYPICAL Corporate Crap.   Anything worth seeing is hidden from the public.   They prob'ly have only ten copies in Florida.  I'll bet it was already taken off the new release wall at Blockbuster too. 

They did the same thing with Michael Moore's "Faherheit 9/11" DVD back in the day.  They tried AND Succeeded in making sure that it was released after the election except he sued them and won.   

When I see Elah, I'll write back Stacie.

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow, it takes that long for your Netflix?

I literally added it to my queue, put it at the top of the list, and got it about two days later.

Mark - I also thought it was a great film.

I also saw Rendition recently, which I liked.  Lately I've been more into movies that make me think than merely entertain (but I do like the entertaining ones too).

We watched Blood Diamond last Fall, and I thought that was the best movie I had seen in a long time.

20. funnebone profile image73
    funneboneposted 15 years ago

That video is an accurate description of the democratic and liberal stereotype of republicans. It also is a great depiction of what it is like to discuss issues with democrats. You get no answers for anything other than throw money at it. The best part was the crack about the woman wanting to know if her food was genetically altered..minutes after the stupid reference to stem cell research. So I guess it is not acceptable to alter a cucumbers genes, but it is permissible to alter a humans. Stem cell research is still going on, just not funded by the government. And I bet if you did a survey at walmart you would find a lot more democrats buying cheap stuff from china, and they are the same ones going home and bitching about losing their manufacturing jobs. I am voting Republican and the mentality  behind this video is one reason why.

21. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

Hey in light of the theme of tossing a video out there for the masses, check this one out:

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?RsrcID=2036

Okay, WC, I've watched the video, and I think it is the conservative talk radio talking points again in video form.  I was especially fond of the

"Over 20 years of:
      Racist
      Marxist
      Quasi-Christian
      Antisemitic

Theology"

I don't think I'm pointing out the obvious, but, with the possible exception of "Marxist", does this not describe the vast majority of our nation's history?

Admittedly, for once in a long time, I haven't decided well in advance of the election who I'm voting for, but I found nothing in the video that would make me vote against Obama...and I'm somewhat disappointed in the Republican establishment that is running an anti-Obama campaign rather than a pro-McCain campaign because I actually like McCain.  He is one of the few politicians I have a great deal of respect for because of his independence (although it is less evident now).

I didn't like some of it (the stupid name thing) but I really liked the examination of exactly what liberation theology is and how unchristian it truly is.

22. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69

WC, those "Facts" are certainly vague in that video.  Some are not facts at all, and some have more information to them that make them not as "bad" as that video makes them seem to be.

Interesting though...

23. WeddingConsultant profile image66

You mean I can't just post a video and leave? haha I suppose a few words are in order.

I don't necessarily agree with the video I posted.  I posted it, however, to counteract the first video posted by steph.  Just thought I'd drop another video into the mix, that's all.

And yes Peter, I too haven't decided for whom I'll vote.  The big thing pulling me toward McCain is the fact that the next president will help influence several of our next chief justices.  Other than that, I disagree with his middle-of-the-road approach to some issues that are important to me.

In any case, I am very interested to see what vice-presidents are picked by both candidates.  I suspect that if Obama choses Clinton they will win the race hands-down.  I'm curious to see McCain's pick.

LOL big_smile

Yeah, right.

I would hope our next president wouldn't influence any justices big_smile

But, if you mean that he will appoint the next justice or justices, then, yes, that is always a big concern for me.  Actually, this is one area where I would think McCain would be reasonable in his appointments, unlike our current appointer-in-chief who has had some difficulty.

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image72

I'm not so sure about that.  Obama has a  lot to overcome (being black, Muslim once upon a time, etc.).  Hillary, well, about 1/3 of the country just hates her, 1/3 loves her, and 1/3 couldn't care less.

He needs someone who is really, really likable.  Like Mark:  Obama/Knowles.  Now there's a ticket I could vote for.  But not too likable lest he be offed just to promote the VP, which has got to be a concern anyway, in all seriousness.

24. WeddingConsultant profile image66

haha yes I mean in his APPOINTMENT of them, not in actually influencing their decisions!

And you don't think Roberts was a good pick?  I'd say he's been pretty good.

I think you got it right the first time big_smile

1. WeddingConsultant profile image66
        WeddingConsultantposted 15 years agoin reply to this

haha hey aren't you in France??

Yup. Which is about 3,000 miles closer to Iraq than Washington D.C is. big_smile

But, Roberts wasn't his real pick, was he?  When Harriet fell through, then he picked Roberts, or was Harriet before Alito???  I can barely remember anymore.  In an event, there's not been a good track record w/Justices or Attorneys General.

Mark, LOL big_smile

25. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Peter- I think Roberts WAS his pick, but you're right...he was sort of the 3rd pick after Alito and Harriet.

And I can't remember which came first (Alito or Harriet).  I thought Bush really wanted Harriet first, but who knows.

26. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Hmmm, Obama/Knowles- interesting ticket.  A (former?) muslim and an atheist!  That covers a good, wide base of voters.

Except that I'm not sure having a VP who is living in France will make others feel very "patriotic" when voting for them...

Obama was never a Muslim smile.

27. Peter M. Lopez profile image72
    Peter M. Lopezposted 15 years ago

He would relocate for the job, I know him.  The curmudgeon-in-chief.

I'm already booking the ticket. smile

Don't forget to save some extra $ for each bag you decide to take, extra food, earphones, pillows, blankets, etc etc etc.

I'll be taking a boat. smile

Environmental issues big_smile

I knew it.

28. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
  29. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Thank you I wasn't sure if he was so I put the question mark.

I would say that he's certainly not a Christian...

Actually he is a Christian by faith, he converted over twenty years ago.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w … 194740.ece

30. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Well let me put it this way, no one can truly see someone's "heart" and determine if they really love and follow the Lord, but from where I stand Mr. Obama is not a Christian.

Unless by "christian" you mean he believes God exists and believes Jesus lived and died.

I think there were some very telling remarks he's made during debates that has clearly dileanated himself apart from Christianity, at least in my mind.

In fact, I think he said a few things on the topic at the debate at Messiah College- college politico, do you know anything about this?

A person's faith isn't reason enough to vote or not vote them into an office, so that's not an issue for me.  I was just making clear my opinion of his faith since that's the topic that was brought up in these videos and discussions.

Well I have read part of his memoir and he says he was raised by a Christian mother and converted to Christianity as an adult after a bout of drug use.  Why does he need to lie about his faith?  He could be Jewish or Muslim and it should not matter.  I think he has no reason to lie.  I just never want to say someone is not a Christian if they believe that they are.  That is between them and their God.

I agree!

Having said that, here's a passage in Matthew

It is fine if you do not feel he is Christian, I am not upset about it.  I am just telling you about what I read.  I think these videos are a little silly and not to be taken seriously.  There are a lot of things being said in both videos that I would not listen too.  The first one is funny, the second one about Obama is almost a little racist.  Honestly I think people still have problem with someone who has a Middle Eastern name or anyone who is Black being in leadership.  By the way Ralph Nader is Lebanese, but since he is not a Muslim I guess people are okay with that.  There are many Christian Middle Eastern people with names similar to Muslims and I know this because my grandpa happens to be one.  Barack's grandpa was a Muslim yes, but why all the speculation about his faith.  I think the fact he has a Middle Eastern/Muslim sounding name makes people prejudiced against him.  This is why I do not like politics, it gets too debating.

Yes WC he and Hillary talked extensively about their personal faith at the Compassion Forum. I wrote a hub on student reaction but I think the videos below have what you're looking for:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rTHtTy5wRYs
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=OqXOpWg1r0E& … re=related
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=L9GAUCfKk6Q& … re=related

The moderators ask a lot of incredibly stupid and stereotypical "Christian" questions (like "do you think God wants you to be president") but they also ask important and informative questions. Overall I thought it was a crappy forum full of softball questions intended on making the candidates look more "Christian" and both Hillary and Obama still performed laughably... but thats just my opinion.

31. WeddingConsultant profile image66

I agree College Politico- their performances at the Messiah college debate made me want to ralph.

32. College politico profile image59
    College politicoposted 15 years ago

But as long as we are all sharing our favorite funny political videos... heres three of my recent favorites:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MkGhn3LfbyM
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=8BtJG0BonMQ
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=OudveBP_Nso

Enjoy!

None of those videos are available.

Really? They all still work for me...

Well for the first one search youtube for "free healthcare"
        second one "Obama on your shoulder"
        third one "BaracKerry: History Repeating"

P.s. I agree with gamergirl's original post. Vote based on issues and character, its the only intelligent way to vote.

Okay, they are working now.  Yesterday, for some reason, when I clicked it said that the video was no longer available???

Gamegirl, I don't think anyone thought you were offended.  I didn't.

Mark, a container ship, really?  I'm sure there is quite a story behind that one...

33. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

I'm not voting for Obama.

I decided I would not be voting for Obama, because of all the issues the people are causing, the reverse racism, the sensationalism of this campaign has been.. well, it's taxing on a person who has no care what the color or gender of a candidate is but wants to see a campaign based on merits and comprehensive plans for their time in office.

The overall impression of the campaign prior to Billary's withdrawal from active candidacy, from my point of view, was that we as a people should vote for either a woman or an African American.

Forget their policies, their track record thus far in their current political positions, choose between voting in a woman or a black man, because those are the real important choices, right?

34. stephhicks68 profile image88

I just wanted to clarify that I meant nothing by my original post with respect to the candidates or political parties.  I laugh at both sides of the spectrum.... (my husband and I are opposite parties just to the side of the center, so fair game!)

Interesting videos, all.

Yeah, it's all in good fun!  Most people these days seem to take the question "who are you voting for" to mean "how much do you weigh" or "how old are you"...

Glad we can pass around videos and have discussions and still not take things personal here.

35. Peter M. Lopez profile image72
    Peter M. Lopezposted 15 years ago

Oil spills in the ocean, jet fuel burned in the skies...it's all the same, isn't it.

36. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Not if the boat is already going.

Last time I crossed the Atlantic, I took a container ship. Enlightening smile

Mark, maybe you should swim. They say it's pretty healthy...

I doubt I would make it very far. My assault on the White House would sink without trace in very short order. smile

It is an interesting way to cross the Atlantic though.

37. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Just to let everyone know, I wasn't trying to sound offended or anything.. -.-

I hope you guys are having a fantastic afternoon!

38. profile image49
    NewConservativeposted 15 years ago

Wow I'm so glad those tolerant liberals called m a racist, sexist, bigot just for being a Republican I was also happy to learn I hate clean water, and wanted to send little children to war.  On top of that this liberal tolerance also showed me that I am just an awful person who doesn't care about our children or our country. 
        Thank you to whoever made this video for firing up conservatives across the country and getting them behind the effort to defeat Obama.  I don't think we need four years of this type of "tolerance." 

<no links as signatures please>

1. profile image0
      Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am sure you will win your war on terror, just quell fear wherever you go, and see how many people you scare shitless.  Simply ban the emotion of fear, and police people's emotions as you violate their rights again and again, in country after country (including your own), while you become the thing you originally sought to destroy.  Looks like Bin Laden got what he wanted.  Bin Laden resembles that cruel assasin that started WWI (the one from the history books).  He's got Americans fighting other Americans, which is exactly what he wanted. 

There will be no police state.  Sorry to dissapoint you.

You and yours will be out of power soon, and after that happens there will be initiated a productive, honest, somewhat transparent effort to fight terrorists, not "terror" (w/e the hell that is).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)