jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

will democrats learn from this past electoral defeat?

1. cosmigonon profile image60
    cosmigononposted 5 years ago

or will it be just another case  of ignoring reallity? obviusly there has been accomplishments in this democratic presidency but we haven't told anybody yet

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 5 years ago in reply to this

judging from Pelosi's laugh in your face closed door party today..?
      I'd say it is business as usual in the House, until the new folks get seated hopefully.  Bad carma I think

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Will democrats learn from this past electoral?

Not likely. hmm

Soon, there will not be enough people to make a difference. Soon, the middle class numbers will begin to drop. The upper middle class with be the new middle class and the present middle class with move into the new poverty level.

Those in poverty levels now, will soon be homeless.

So, whether or not, democrats learn anything isn't high on the scales of any sort of value.

America is falling apart, piece by piece, citizen by citizen. It's sad that there are not presently enough consciously active people to recognize it. hmm

3. IntimatEvolution profile image81
    IntimatEvolutionposted 5 years ago

You'll have to excuse me while I go fetch some Prozac. In the meantime, I do have to agree with Cags on this level, which is that the Democrats will have learned nothing.sad

4. b. Malin profile image59
    b. Malinposted 5 years ago

can you say NEVER!  It's a shame what is happening in our country...People need JOBS...yes, we need a change in Health Care...but not the 2,000 or more pages (some having nothing to do with Health Care).  Both Parties need to remember why they were elected...for the people...to carry out for the people...Not to get Rich and Fat off the backs of the people.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

'We need a change in Health Care... but"

Would your plan include coverage for 30 million Americans?

Would your plan prohibit denial of insurance for pre-existing conditions?

Would your plan prohibit caps on an annual or lifetime basis?

Would your plan reduce the federal deficit by 1.2 Trillion dollars?
      (estimate by the CBO for the first 2 decades)

Can you present your plan in enough detail so the CBO can examine and rate it BEFORE we rescind Obamacare?  Because otherwise 'repeal and replace' is repeal and go back to the old system - and Harvard estimated the old system was killing 45,000 Americans EVERY YEAR for lack of access to decent health care.

Don't take it personally that you can't provide specifics. They don't exist. The players behind the move to repeal have NO intention of reforming the system - and you are a sucker if you think they will. Prove me wrong - provide specifics.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
        Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

To answer the OP. No the Democrats haven't learned from the election.

In 2012, they won't have the brass to ask the voter what I asked b.Malin. Are you willing to condemn 45,000 Americans to an early grave every year to repeal HCR on the empty and totally unspecified promise of better reform? The democrats will try to please everyone with wimpy, vague promises and the voters are not in the mood for wimpy or vague.

The die was cat years ago that the democrats would lose seats this election.  And they only made it worse by not standing up for what they had accomplished - and admitting there is more to be done.

5. 0
    GladYaMetMe!posted 5 years ago

Well here is one defeated Democrat who learned a lot.

If you listen to the end it will become quite apparent  what we can expect from our unscrupulous Congress  . . .

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/11/5/r … anship_has

6. ReuVera profile image83
    ReuVeraposted 5 years ago

Did he really say this?????

7. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

I think there's a post higher up that speaks to this thread - the one that asks the question "Is there intelligence..." jk big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

8. b. Malin profile image59
    b. Malinposted 5 years ago

Sorry Doug Hughes for not answering your question sooner...I had some things to take care of.  Anyway...I'm NOT against Reforming Health Care...I'm against a Bill that NO ONE in Washington had time to read.  Once again that 2,000 (actually over 2,000) page bill was written (more than half of it) over 30+ years ago.  I've heard it goes back to the days of Roosevelt. 

Did you know it containes information, for example... if you sell your home...maybe a new fee (tax) you will pay the government if the home sells for over a certain amount.  That doesn't belong in a health care bill...does it?  Please read the bill and see if it doesn't make you wonder.

9. Paul Wingert profile image80
    Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago

Asking any politicle parting if they learned anything following an election is pointless. True, they're things to be learned, but it all boils down to when the Republicans screw up, Democrats are elected during the following election and visa versa.

10. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

That soundbite from Alan Grayson was eye-opening. He confirmed what we've suspected for 2 years, but why is this not being reported? Oh, right, because the LIBERAL MEDIA is, in fact, owned by the opposite side!

I hope President Obama learned something from this election.
    He has presidential veto power. Perhaps he can take a cue from his predecessor and USE IT.
    That is, if the Republicans even attempt to push anything through. They may well continue to do nothing at all for another 2 years. Although then they can't exactly blame it on the Dems, can they?

I don't know whether to cry or scream. Maybe both.

11. BillyDRitchie profile image59
    BillyDRitchieposted 5 years ago

Well, Nancy Pelosi was basically fired from her position as Speaker by the American people, yet she insists she wants to remain the leader of the Democrats in the minority.

I'm not aware of any other job where your boss fires you for poor performance yet you get to keep some measure of your job.

I'd say the Dems haven't learned anything from last weeks' drubbing at the polls...