jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What makes a sex offender?

1. L a d y f a c e profile image84
    L a d y f a c eposted 5 years ago

People who are caught urinating in public are being registered as sex offenders. Isn't this going a bit too far? Aren't we diluting the meaning of sex offender by lumping in raping and child molestation with public urinating?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image68
      Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, depending on the circumstances. In an alley facing a wall, yes. On a grade school playground, No.

1. L a d y f a c e profile image84
        L a d y f a c eposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I should have specified there. The cases I'm speaking of are ones that don't involve children, and would be nothing more than offensive.
        There seem to be an unbelievable myriad of things that can land a person on the sex offenders list. Soon, every neighborhood will have at least one. When you see "sex offender" you think stay away from that person, keep my children away from that person, that person is immoral and has committed a terrible crime.

On your point though, if someone was caught with their pants down in an area populated by children, that would indeed be different.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I think the idea is 'don't take your penis out in public places'.  Where that fits in the law code differs between juristictions.