jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

how do you rate obama's current asia visit?

1. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 5 years ago

how do you rate obama's visit?..successful?..good?..nothing substantial?

1. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think he handled sensitive issues well.  He recognised the success of China and invited them to unite with the rest of the world.

I liked the undyling context in attempting them to address the problem with bombardment of subsidised goods onto the markets of the western world.  They really need to be in line with the free market - this undercutting is killing, not only their unsustainable industries, but markets in the Western world.

I think Obama is really trying to open up communication with China on an equal footing.  If this is received positively, then that has to be good for world dynamics.  Communication is the key to success - without open communication, there is no negotiation and if there is no negotiation, then there is no route forward.

Our David Cameron, is finding his feet at the moment and is at the beginning of a journey into buidling relations with China.  He needs to go gently and I think he achieved this as a foundation to a future that will be positive.  Remember, Cameron is the new kid on the block and all relationships need to be built upon firm foundations.  I have faith that our leaders are trying to work in partnership.

2. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

I believe The Obama admin has done well in Australia through Clinton. smile A good rapport with the fairly tough Australian press in Melbourne (pop. 4 million) and some sensible discussions with senior State and Federal Government. A good outcome in my view.

1. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 5 years ago in reply to this

seems we are more interested in obama than usa citizens...smile