Suspect turns case against priest

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Suspect turns case against priest
    Gillian Flaccus, Associated Press
    Will Lynch, the man who is charged with assault for attacking the priest he says sexually abused him, poses with a photo of himself as a seven-year old at the Law Offices of Geragos & Geragos, Friday, Nov. 5, 2010 in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Danny Moloshok)

LOS ANGELES  Will Lynch is looking for justice in an unusual way. Charged with savagely beating the priest he says molested him as a child, he plans to try to use his trial to publicly shame the Rev. Jerold Lindner in court.

Law experts say he faces an uphill battle. However, priest abuse victims are cheering Lynch on and offering to donate to his defense fund.

"Somebody needs to be a face for this abuse and I'm prepared to put myself on the line," Lynch told The Associated Press in the first interview since his arrest last month. "There's nothing they can take from me that they haven't already taken."

Lynch is accused of luring Lindner to the lobby of a retirement home in May and beating him bloody in front of horrified witnesses. Lynch, 43, plans to plead not guilty at his arraignment on an assault charge Friday. … nst-priest
    is he justified?

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, Lynch released himself to act on his base emotion and animal instincts, behavior in keeping with the experience he was subjected to as a boy.  I think the question is not whether or not he was justified in doing it, but whether or not it was a good idea.

I doubt that in the long run he will be happy or better off for having gotten his revenge.  The stories of long-held grudges and life-quest vengeance are numerous and pretty much uniformly degrading, a sort of double victimization: one by an assailant, the second by one's self.

1. Stacie L profile image90
        Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it all boils down to timing...if he was strong enough and killed the priest at the time of the abuse, he may have gotten off the charges....
        sad all around sad