Why do so many fight for the ones who will do them the most harm?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Stump Parrish profile image59
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

Why are so many conservative women ready to return to the good ole days of total male dominance?  Ex-governor Palin who quit the last job she was elected to, is seen as a powerful spokesperson and champion for women's rights. I can't understand where this support comes from after doing a little research into her positions on feminism.

The days of feminists fighting for control of their own bodies are over. There is no real reason left for women to demand equal pay and treatment on the job anymore.  It turns out that all that worry over being raped and or physically assaulted is just a load of hogwash, according to ex-governor Palin who quit the last job she was elected to, that is.

Ex-Govenor Palin who quit the last job she was elected to, describes Hillery Clinton as a Bra-burning militant and belives Gloria Steinam is obsessed with domestic violence. These snippets of wisdom are from her new book, America By Heart.

She states that the female is so capable and so strong they shouldn't mind paying for their own rape kits like they did in Wasilla while she was mayor, and before she quit the last job she was elected to. Today's woman is quite capable of paying for her own rape kit if she has the audacity to charge a man with rape. Today's woman is strong enough to endure a return to the good ole days of being a second class citizen, owned by her husband or mate.

Today's woman according to ex-Govenor Palin who quit the last job she was elected to, should proudly accept the chance to work in the same room with their superior male counterparts. Today's woman should quietly accept it when a male is hired for the same position at a higher pay rate based upon the fact that he has a penis.  Ex-governor Palin who quit the first job she was elected to, fought passage of a law that would allow a woman to sue a company that hires a male with less exprience and knowledge, at a higher pay rate. She claimed that a woman sueing a company over unfair treatment was giving trial lawyers income they didn't deserve. Bottom line is that trial lawyers are notorious for supporting the Dempcratic party, ex-governor Palin who quit the last job she was elected to, is more concerned with her career in politics than the treatment of women, and the protection of their rights.

I have to wonder, do politicians actually believe the crap they spew? They certainly have no problem proving themselves to be liars. Ex-governor Palin who quit the last job she was elected to, claims to be against goverment interference in American's lives. Unless, it's an area she cares about personally. She was a star basketball player and fought for government intervention to stop government funds for schools that discrimnate against women including their sports programs. Net result was a huge expansion of women's sports programs funded by the very government she says is too big and wasteful. As governor of Alaska before she quit the last job she was elected to, she rejected the portion of Bush's federal stimlus package that was earmarked for education.  Ex-governor Palin who quit the last job she was elected to, will fight for dsports in schools but not education, hmmmm.

President Obama made a remark on Super Tuesday in 2008 that stated: "we are the ones we have been waiting for, we are the ones we have been waiting for". In ex-governor Palin who quit the last job she was elected to's book, America By Heart, she actually finds a way to interpret this as Obama feels he is our savior, jesus christ. She claims that there is a quasi-religious feeling to the message coming from our leader. I wonder, is this a quasi-christian feeling or a quasi-muslim feeling?

I for one hope that ex-governor Palin who quit the last job she was elected to, turns out to be the best the repubs can field in 2012. THe repubs have been fighting to reduce and control women's rights for over 30 years. Ex-governor Palin who quit the last job she was elected to, seems ready to continue the fight and even increase the intensity of the war against women.

If Americans are stupid enough to elect this woman as the leader of the free world, their god won't even be able to save them, and the fat lady will have finished her solo for this country.

Why do so many people in this country fight for the ones who will do them the most harm?

Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Someone must have an idea as to why so many will fight for and promote those who will do them the most harm. Heathcare is another example of this. Universal heathcare would help millions of people in this country as it does those in numerous countries around the world. Some of those who fight it and denounce it by saying it is to expensive. Other actually missed the point when the repubs came out and said that Americans didn't really want our government involved in their healthcare based on the fact that our government is incapable of doing anything right. These elected officials proudly pointed out that they are incapable of doing the job they were elected to do. Did this country take them at their word and vote them out of office based on the fact that they admit they cant do the job? Hell no, they elected more of the same. Where else but America could someone acknowledge they are incapable of preforming the duties of a job reason enough to allow a person to retain their job?

2. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I started reading this, but then you started insulting my intelligence with all the hyperbole. It's as if you figure that I am too stupid to come to the same conclusions you do if you just present the facts.  Which is too bad, because, I am interested to know what her positions are on womens' issues but haven't gotten around to looking for myself.  I still don't know where she actually stands, but I certainly see where you've decided to place her. 

Too bad you have actually done more harm to your cause than good with this post. This just seems like radical anger which is typical of the far right and far left, all shouting and accusation, no substance.  And most of all, no respect for the audience.  The left think they're talking to a bunch of uneducated welfare mothers and brain-dead hippy stoners and the right thinks they're talking to a bunch of illiterate rednecks that can be led around by the emotional tether of their Bibles.

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great post, Shades!

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
        uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Screeds encourage no comment.

2. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  I get soooo frustrated with the endless emptiness on forums. People posting here are actually literate.  They can read.  They can write.  They are the world's fortunate, the ones with the education to be communicators, to wield the power of the pen that is "mighter than the sword."  And what do they do with it?  They write this crap.

2. Stump Parrish profile image59

Shade, I simply posted comments from her new book and facts from her temp job as govenor. I didn't place Palin anywhere, I simply pointed out some of the things she has said and done. She wasn't placed here, she proudly walked up the steps to self perceived superiority on her own.

Now supposing that I have placed her in some preconceived slot based on her past actions, is this actually worse than the hundreds of christians who will vote for her based upon the fact that she is a christian? I have done some research and arrived at what I feel is an intelligent decision. I suppose I should just do like most and base my decisions on the instructions I get from the Faux News Network aka repub training grounds?

As far as the crap I supposely wrote, nothing I wrote can't be proven. Nothing I quoted wasn't from her mouth or book. Her position on women's rights are quite clear. The problem I have is again, why do people vote for those who will do them the most harm?

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here, I'll give you an example:

You go from here...

To here...

Why this is crap:  Where in Palin's book did she call for "a return to the good ole days of being a second class citizen, owned by her husband or mate?"

She does not call for that. I have not read anything of hers, but I know for an absolute fact she does not call for that.

You have decided her position means that.  Which is fine, but it's a hyperbolic position based in nothing but scare tactics and it empties the conversation of meaning and truth.  It's crap.  Which is too bad, because you, for a tiny spate of time, seemed to be about to look into a real issue involving rape kits, but then you went off on the lunacy ride and destroyed your credibility, and, worse, destroyed my chance at actually getting something useful from your post.

The whole thing is studded with half-truths and selective omissions.  I don't even know what the whole truths are, but the obvious gaps in information between the things Palin sponsors and your assessment of what it means to the nation are so huge, that your absurdist conclusions MUST be dismissed by any thinking, rational individual looking for information.  You have eliminated yourself from the conversation with this emotional post.  People who already agree with you will cheer you.  People who love Palin will blow you off.  And people seeking truth will be forced to ignore you because you are obviously not trying to examine anything honestly. To reasonable, undecided people, you appear to be nothing but another tool of the left, just as annoying and empty as the tools of the right.  Just tools.

The only reason I bring it up is because it seems like you might actually have done some reading on this stuff, and you might actually have some genuine, research based insights into Palin, and yet you are unwilling to present it to the people who could do the most for your side of the issue... that being to JOIN your side of the issue from where they sit on the fence right now.

Maybe you don't care.  Maybe you just want to vent and make your homies happy as you all scream and spit at the dumb@sses on the other side.  Everyone waving their signs and hating with all their hearts at each other.  Which is cool.  Go for it.  It's just a waste of your rhetorical gifts, and does nothing for the country you seem to actually care about.

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just wondering how you know for an "absolute fact" she does not call for that?

Sept. 2008 
          http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-schm … 25047.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jacob-alp … 25833.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/ … 0788.shtml

So from reading these links, you can see where Stump may have gotten his information.

Personally, having read her first book.  The woman is a liar.

2. Stump Parrish profile image59

Her position on the equality of women shows a desire to return to the 50's mentality and moral code. I don't know where you grew up but what I stated was just a small portion of the ways women were and are degraded here in the south AKA, the bible belt. How could I come to the conclusion her position on women's rights, is anything other than what I stated my impression of it appears to be? I have heard multitudes of people longing for the good ole days. The good ole days were just dandy if you were male, white, straight and christian. The rest of society doesn't have quite as fond of memories of the good ole days.

Please point out the selective ommissions, I selectively omitted. I don't feel I decided what her position is, I simply pointed out prime examples of this position in action.

Some need to make up their minds about what should be in a forum post. I have been told here that this post was entirely too long and you state that I didn't go into the issues deeply enough. I hit on the highlights and figured others would do as I do. Research what they read and make their own mind up.

You mentioned that my position is based upon scare tactics and I an not sure I follow you here. What is scary about people hearing another opinion that is at least based upon actual words and acts. You see I didn't blind;ly start screaming falsehoods the way Palin did with the claims of the death squads that Obama had planned for this country. Are you stating that the use of scare tactics has been reserved for the republican party? They managed to scare a general public that has no interest in verifying the stories they are spoon fed. If Palin or the repubs say it, you can take it to the bank. Of course if the repubs have their way the banks will be so dereulated that they wont have to accept it.

I mentioned the rape kits as just another example of how I determined what her position on equal rights for women is.

Now it is entirely possible that I presented this information incorrectly and this doesn't bother me in the least. I came to hub pages in an effort to improve my writing skills. Thank you for pointing out an area that needs improvement.

I do quite frequently point out how stipid this country is becoming. As you said there does seem to be a large congregation of dumb asses on the other side. If any of them took the time to actually learn what they are speaking about, I might have a different opinion of them. I know that on occassion I come across some incorrect data and make some incorrect assumptions based upon them. I still think this is more productive than not giving a damn wether what one speaks has any basis in truth. The problem is they don't care about the truth in any area of their life. They prefer and seek out delusion.

Well this one is also getting a little long. Again thanks for the critizism, I will take it constructively.

3. JOE BARNETT profile image60
      JOE BARNETTposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what did he say that was wrong? you said that you didn't know what her positions are.why didn't you specify?

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Good question.
    People want to believe in the wizard. The wizard's brand manager works hard to keep the spin alive until after the election.Then the real job begins and the brand manager's job becomes 100,000x harder. Eventually (but too late) the curtain is pulled back and the wizard is revealed to be just a man (or woman).

I think there is more to it than that. I think the reason so many people do this is a combination of declining educational levels and how good a job the mass media has done exploiting their constitutionally protected right to lie to the public. They have done an excellent job of giving the masses all the lies they need to allow our government to push thru anything the majority of their pay masters, the lobbyists, desire. All it takews to garner the required votes for anything is to prop it up on a cross and the majority of voters line up to vote for it. The majority of people in this country have an over powering need to be led arround by their noses.

4. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

I'm conservative.  Don't support her, wouldn't endorse her for any political position but like her personally.  She's a hoot.

1. JOE BARNETT profile image60
      JOE BARNETTposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i agree. i think she's nice ,funny and nice looking too, but that won't get the job done

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
        couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What job?  She's about as good a political commentator as any of the others out there.  Wouldn't vote for her for any political office though.  What do you think of Marco?

5. Mighty Mom profile image77

Good looking, yes.
    Funny, I don't see that.
    Nice? Sarah Palin is not nice.
    She is snarky and conniving and willing to climb over anyone and everyone to get what she wants.

So like Hillary but easy on the eyes?

Yeah, it's funny how people can be prejudiced against someone just because they are goodlooking.  She's automatically assumed to be not smart, catty, whatever.

6. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I think Palin is funny - not intentially so, however. I like a few things about her, but there are also things I hate about her. I'm not sure she's a nice person. I don't agree with a lot of Obama's views, but I do think he's a good man, and I like him personally. I'm not so sure about Michelle, though.

Did you see the Al Smith Dinner? McCain was hilarious! And check out this SNL piece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpjtRpcv0ns

Hate is a strong word.  Why do you hate her?

I used to claim "Republican."  When I understood that word I stopped being it.  I used to claim "conservative."  When others claimed to understand that word I stopped using it.  Now I just say I have far more in common with George Washington than Georges Bush.  I would be a small "r" republican just like Jefferson.  I would be a big "C" Conservative like Edmund Burke.

I reject the "right wing" because that was the monarchy wing and there is nothing monarchical about the Constitution of the United States,  The Federalists, The Declaration of Independence,  The Articles of Confederations, The Addresses and Letters of Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln.

I used to use "capitalist" to describe our system until I understood basic Economics now I much prefer "price regulated free market."

I wonder what people mean when they say they are conservative, right wing or Republican.

7. Mighty Mom profile image77

McCain is hilarious.
    It was so hard to see him shrill and combative during the 2008 campaign.

8. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I'm Conservative (in general), but there's are things I don't agree with Conservatives on.  However, Sarah Palin is about as far from someone who "represents my thinking" as anyone could ever be.  The circus act the Republicans put on in the last election is one reason Obama is in.

As far as feminism goes, I'd go the whole Women's Movement one better as far as wanting more done to create awareness and equality; because even though there has been so much inequality addressed over the last few decades; there are things women live with on a day-to-day basis (and beyond the shelter of laws that aim to encourage/assure equality) that The Women's Movement (or any of the "subscribers" to that thinking that have followed) even realizes exists.

Whether people lean toward Conservative or Liberal, not all of either group "all believes the same thing and likes the same person" just because they lean toward one party of another.  Similarly, people from both sides go around piping up about the issues that everyone already sees.  So many haven't had enough exposure to some of the less publicized, nitty-gritty, day-to-day, living stuff that may contribute, on way or another, to their believes and thinking on any one issue.  It's unfortunate that so many people (of one side or another) lump everyone of the opposite together, as if they had clone-minds.

1. fits3x100 profile image59
      fits3x100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stump! Dude, when you stir the poop you throw the coffee swizzler and grab the canoe paddle! Palin is a Mom. That's why she's snarky(I coach Varsity softball and know a bit o' 'bout snarky Mom's!) Jesse Ventura? Arnold? Ronald Reagan? There are (or were)NOT professional politicians. Since the murders of so many public servants in the 60's, we really don't believe anyone or anything that has a history with our Government. The Coming Aristocracy, and A Thomas Jefferson Education were both penned recently by Oliver DeMille...I believe he's got a finger on the crisis. Another great read is The Last Child in The Woods. hehehe....did you say she quit the last job she was elected to? LOL!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)