jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Fox Nation readers confuse Onion article with real news

1. William R. Wilson profile image60
    William R. Wilsonposted 5 years ago
    1. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Earlier this month, conservatives were reporting that while on 'vacation' in India, (It wasn't a vacation.) President Obama rented the Taj Mahal (The Taj Mahal is an ornate tomb.) and was spending 200 million a day on this junket. 

Obama did stay at the Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai, for sound political reasons - that was the site of a terrorist attack a few years ago. The meeting(s) in India and the region were all work - not a vacation. The 200 million was a number someone picked out of their, nose or whatever.

These people will make stuff up and report it as news, and NEVER have the journalistic integrity to retract or apologize. When Dan Rather got a story wrong, it cost him his career. These clowns will make up stuff like "Obama is a Muslim" or  "Obama was born in Kenya." and no one EVER is accountable for the lie.

2. 0
      sandra rinckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bahahahhahaha, they do it here too!

1. 0
        sandra rinckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

OMG, and one of the commentators actually said her friend received it and forwarded it to her. OMG, hahahhaha

1. L a d y f a c e profile image83
          L a d y f a c eposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good grief. I've seen people say, "I saw it." .. "No, on Fox news". And then not understand my blank look.

I actually had what I guess you could call an argument with someone about an article the Onion posted, that they took as gospel (Can't remember what it was, but it was ludicrous).

Scarier: these people vote hmm  You know that whole "Vote or die" thing that was going on? It's encouraged people who have no idea (or care) what's going on to vote. ..Why not have a test? If you pass the test, you can vote. If not, go away and stop playing Red vs Blue: US Edition.

I miss journalistic integrity.

1. 0
            china manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I miss journalism - period !

3. Stump Parrish profile image60
      Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Faux News Network has no interest in the truth. In 2003 they fought for and won the right to lie to the public. The majority of foxtards have the same lack of interest in the truth. They turn on the Faux News Network every evening and settle in for an hour of what they want to hear. The evangelical news casters the have don't disappoint. Fox is nothing more than a public relations arm of the republican party. Some repubs spouts something stupid like "drill. baby, drill and the fox nation is lined up to destroy the environment as quickly as possible.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image84
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

god some people are stupid.

3. L a d y f a c e profile image83
    L a d y f a c eposted 5 years ago

I'm surprised Fox hasn't been roped in for stand-up. They're pretty good. They make me laugh on a regular basis.

@Doug: Next thing you know Obama will be an Eskimo. Journalistic integrity seems to be somewhat of a relic these days.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's Inuit smile

1. L a d y f a c e profile image83
        L a d y f a c eposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's the joke smile