jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Would you be willing to share your knowledge of gangs?

1. blondey profile image73
    blondeyposted 5 years ago

I happened to see a documentary on tv about a gang called the bloods which I also read about on google.
    One thing I heard as a rumor was that if the bloods make an enemy they go to their house and kill them and their family.
    Now I don't really know anything much about that stuff but I got curious and wanted to write about it sometime.

Is that true?

Thanks for you input

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not necessarily do they go to someone's house and kill them because they don't like that person. Even if they wanted to. Although, it has happened. What is more common is that they shoot at the house --thereby, breaking the windows and perhaps injuring or killing innocent bystanders. Instead of going in and killing them all they drive by and shoot or see the guy walking and shoot him on the street.

More time you will hear about drive by shootings.

I think that it would be a very good topic to research and write about. Maybe start with a 'search engine' and type in 'street gangs' and go from there: if you are going to write a hub about the topic.

Good luck with your quest.

blondeyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thankyou, Kimberly, that has been very helpful!

2. HeavyGuns profile image81
      HeavyGunsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Gangs are not unorganized. Everything is planned. Everyone has a job within that gang. If one of the leaders orders someone to be killed along with their family. Then thats what is going to happen. Most gangs won't mess with you if you are minding your own business. They will kill someone from another gang if they come on to their terriotry.

You also have to understand that there is alot of wanna be gangs. Some gnags will claim to be crypts or blood but actually have no affiliation with the real bloods.

2. mikelong profile image83
    mikelongposted 5 years ago

During my middle school years I started associating with a local group. Though innocent mingling at first, fights and vandalism followed... The school turf was divided amongst two gangs (one of which I befriended)...

When I was in ninth grade a former student from my school (he had been kicked out) and friend was shot and killed in a car to car shooting.

Not long after that the tension between the two gangs tore at the campus, as members from the opposing gangs who didn't attend the school would enter during lunch (hopping fences) and start brawls with their opponents...

I grew weary of carrying clubs in my jacket sleeve and having to look over my shoulder... I was lucky enough to be able to get out of that environment before I fell in too deep...but for many others...there is no such  luxury...

Gang activity, the way it is characterized now, is a product of poverty. Instead of glamorizing gang life we should be dedicating ourselves to solving the social, political, and economic issues that lead young men and women down that corrupted path....

blondeyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

mmm hmmm
      It's kinda scary