CNN Heroes.

1. Rogochuks profile image81
    Rogochuksposted 5 years ago via iphone

I watch CNN heroes yesterday and was struck by how much generosity and spirit there still is in the world.
    My mother and #1 hero always put the welfare of others on the top of her to do list, and I have always wanted to emulate her lifestyle.
    I think of all the wonderful things I would like to do for people, and I plan for the day when I will effect these plans.
    I work daily to support people with disabilities, and I thought that was my doing, my call to action, my making a difference.
    After watching CNN heroes yesterday, I realize that it is the worldwide doing that is the need right now, not just the career driven giving or the plan to give. 
    It is ok to plan to save for retirement, vacation, schooling etc, but when it comes to making a difference, volunteering and saving lives, you just have to get off your butt and do it.
    Great rewards come to those who give of themselves, and these rewards supersede the financial.
    Congratulations to all the silent heroes out there, and I hope to see you in the trenches.