jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Charlie Rangel - Taxes - You and I would be in jail by now.

1. rb11 profile image85
    rb11posted 6 years ago

Who's serving who? When Charlie was caught the IRS gave him a sweetheart deal, no penalties or fines, just pay $10000.00 in taxes, all is forgotten.

Charlie Rangel’s message for Jason – and for all you bothersome taxpayers wondering about his shady rental property deals, publicly-subsidized Cadillac, and unpaid taxes:

“Why don’t you mind your goddamned business?”

This was on a youtube tape, and this is a guy today (12-02-10) that claims he reports to a higher power and will be judged by God, the same God who's name he use to damm a reporter recently.

We pay these guys salaries and this is the value we get for that money. You and I would be in jail right now.

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago

Indeed we would.
    But Congress is above the law of course.
    Especially, these days, specific ethnic groups and political groups.

A slap on the wrist by Pelosi, looking defiant at even having to  say anything against Rangel, while Rangel made a mockery of the whole incident, was the order of business.
    Rangel has proven that there is no justice toward those who have the President's ear.  They're unstoppable as long as the higher-ups like Obama and Pelosi are allowed to weild their twisted power.

1. profile image61
      C.J. Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can't just blame congress. He was just re-elected by a huge margin. I'm sure that tempered the House's response.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're correct.
        I also blame the blinded majority of voters who refuse to hold specific factions and specific people to accountability.

1. profile image61

Agreed, their are none so blind, as those who will not see.

1. profile image0
            Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You said it.
            Nice to talk with ya.
            Hard to find conversation with people who think alike sometimes.
            I get so sick of the words "diversity" and "tolerance" these days.  haha

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Ben Stein had a wonderful piece about Rangel, Stein is a class act.

1. profile image61

Strange source of support. I suspect this is Steins way of making a point. Censure, from this particular congress may be absurd....

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It was mostly about his heroic war service...

1. rb11 profile image85
          rb11posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I read that too. That goes to show you how corruption can wear down a person, maybe that's why many good people don't want to run for politics, they know what will happen.

Charlies escapades went on for 17 years, after he was censured his speech on the floor wasn't to apologetic, it just seemed like another politician who thought they "didn't inhale".

Actually, the guy still has some character to his looks....
          Don't you think?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4204185_f248.jpg

4. Dolores Monet profile image90
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

It's a travesty of justice. The man should be removed from office. This only goes to show that if you have money and power, you can pretty much do anything that you want.

5. Lisa HW profile image85
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Rangel was the one piping off about re-instating the draft awhile ago, his  over-blown and self-righteous statements about what "everyone" (other people's sons and daughters, when it comes down to it) ought to do, and why they shouldn't be given a choice about doing it.  He should have been run out out of Congress on a rail for that, as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not interested in his "lofty" and "moral" views on what my sons and daughter  (all of whom have a heck of lot more integrity and character than he does) ought to do - so I'm delighted to see this situation with him, regardless of whether it's related to the draft thing or not.    He may not exactly be "getting his" now, but at least it may shut him up a little after this recent stuff blows over.

working