a perspective on

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 5 years ago

...who got stimulated...

who says these "facts" are any more right or wrong than someone elses "facts"

http://patriotpost.us/alexander/2010/12 … timulated/

here is a comment from this page

I have been a subscriber to the Patriot Post for a few years now and can say that I definitely do NOT support the current administration in our country. I am also a Federal worker with the DOD and have proudly been for the last 10 years. Everyday I read how much Federal workers are paid over the private sector and I have to laugh. This is not something that you can just make a blanket statement about. There are Federal jobs that people are overpaid in, and something needs to be done about that, but not all Federal jobs. I chose to look for a job in the DOD right after 911 because I felt a calling to support my country. I served in the Air Force, got out and worked in the private sector for a few years, and then got hired as a civil servent with the Air Force. I, along with probably 95% of my fellow co-workers in the DOD, feel the same. In my job, I could be making much more in the private sector, but instead chose to support our military and make a little less. Do I feel like I am in a little more secure job? Sure, but doesn't everyone with a family hope for that? There are different pay levels in the federal govt (ie Wage Grade, General Schedule, etc). WG's are considered blue collar and GS's white collar. Every job in the federal govt is looked at and rated differently for pay. Myself and others in my particular job definitely think we should make more but we don't. Also, not all of the federal govt is run and managed by such a strong union (ie USPS). I am thankful that our union (that we are represented by automatically but it is a personal choice to pay into, I choose NO!) isn't strong where I work because we have seen how it can backfire and cause bases to close. I just wanted to express my opinion and let people know that it isn't as easy as saying get rid of federal workers or cut their pay. Some of us struggle in the federal workforce also but our Patriot pride makes up for it. Go Air Force!

Posted December 2, 2010 at 12:02:07 PM