jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

"Payrolls barely rise, jobless rate jumps": Yahoo!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image34
    fishskinfreak2008posted 5 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101203/ts_ … sa_economy

The million-dollar question, again, is: will Republicans who now have a majority in the House and more seats in the Senate be able to fix this? Or, more accurately, are they WILLING to fix it? Or will they keep going after President Obama?

1. 60
      C.J. Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

First, we are in a lame duck session. The Republicans do NOT have a majority in the House or Senate. They will have a majority in the House after January. The Democrats will STILL have a majority in the Senate after January.

The Democrats can still pass what ever they want to.....They could force the extention of Unemployment. They could pass the "DREAM ACT". The world is their oyster until January. That's when the gridlock will set in.

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image34
        fishskinfreak2008posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Keep in mind that the House has to pass Senate bills before they can be signed by the President. The Democratic majority in the Senate can still write whatever they want, but "the Party of 'No'" can still filibuster and even if Senate bills pass in the Senate, passing them in the House with a GOPn majority will be a stiff challenge

2. uncorrectedvision profile image59
      uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought all of this was fixed with the "Stimulus" bill.  When the Democrats were in a filibuster proof majority in the Senate they passed vast portions of President Shining Handsome Obama's agenda.  The result of this activity is precisely where we are.  Slugging along in an anemic recovery resembling nothing more than the Great Depression.  Probably because the lessons of that Democrat caused disaster were never learned.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image84
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

The deficit will never be paid off. Government can't "fix the economy", they just keep doing random stuff and then say that whatever the thing was right before the economy got better was what fixed it. Then they all take credit for it (or blame each other for not doing it earlier).

The reason? - They all get to appoint people who get really cushy jobs and then pay for it with your tax money. If I had the power to give 50 people jobs and not have to pay for it, i'd milk that till the cows came home! "Sure, here's a job for the rest of your life - 50k+ with health benefits! now just give me bribes up the wazzoo, and suck up to me forever! Also, Lo~~obbyists~~ I'm taking "suggestions"~~~~"

Does anyone ever expect our Democratic Republic to fix this? there are too many incentives NOT to fix it.

The solution to our economic woes? Make people pay OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKET for that which they want. Anarchy, baby. Anarchy.