jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Oath Keepers...who are they:what they stand for

1. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 5 years ago

the man who started this group wrote an article linked below.

He responded to a question about his changing viewpoint, and stated:

"...I haven't changed. My message hasn't changed. What has changed is their perspective. The left, during Obama's Administration, are acting with as much blind hubris and willful justification of the most outlandish claims of executive power as the neocons did during the Bush years."

http://www.thedailybell.com/1541/Oath-K … eedom.html

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

From everything I've read and seen, these guys are patriots who haven't fallen under Obama's spell and whose oath is to the American citizen.
      Amen to it.
      Even our military people, past and present, should never be robots without the right to make moral judgement calls when they and the rest of the Nation are under brutal social or literal tyranny.

SparklingJewelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

...my sense is that he is standing on a kind of middle ground...calling both sides on where they are about the important issues of patriotism aligned with Constitutional law.

it is always interesting to perceive where people stand and how divergent perspectives are...some don't have a clue what it means to be patriotic or in alignment with the Constitution...they would just rather continue to blather on and show their blindness to Truth

2. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Did they speak out during the Bush years?
    Or were they ones calling those who did Anti-American Traitors?

1. kerryg profile image87
      kerrygposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It was founded March 2009, so I think we can probably guess.

Interesting how all these right-wing militia movements seem to pop up under Democratic presidents. But of course they're patriots, not terrorists. No blowing up federal office buildings for them, no sirree. *cough*

3. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

It's also interesting to note that right-wing protestors are allowed to carry guns....I'm quite POSITIVE that anyone carrying a gun when Bush was speaking would have been arrested.
    Very odd.

And how is it that they feel free to scream "You Lie" at the president? Also very odd.
    And now that they have the House, they are acting like they control all the agenda.....DO THEY? HAVE THEY ALWAYS?

Because, they never gave legitimacy to Obama, even though he was elected.
    When Bush was in, they said shut up and mind the President--that is the patriotic thing to do.
    Now they say bringing down the president is patriotic.

It makes me wonder WHO is really in charge?

1. Reality Bytes profile image93
      Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The International bankers that provide the funding!

SparklingJewelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes, all too true sad   and all those they buy off, put off and kill off..."for the good of business and investments"

4. OpinionDuck profile image60
    OpinionDuckposted 5 years ago

Until the Congress can work as a team for the people to benefit them, you will continue to have these discussions.

When Congress fails to make progress for the country, it doesn't matter who didn't do their job and who did do their job, the end result is failure.