jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Whatever happened to global warming?

1. sannyasinman profile image85
    sannyasinmanposted 5 years ago

While those at the Cancun summit basked in glorious sunshine, Europe ground to a standstill under freezing snow and ice, and heads for the coldest winter for many years.

The fact is, global warming has halted.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 … g-charade/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … ecord.html

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/vie … et-Office/

Global cooling anyone?

1. EPman profile image61
      EPmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe there has been pretty conclusive scientific evidence that shows the earth is indeed warming overall. But this isn't necessarily man-made nor is it abnormal. Geographic evidence shows that the earth has gone through periods of warming and cooling as part of a natural process.

It's a pretty big stroke of the ego to believe that we have had such an impact on the earth in so little time -- I'm not so sure we are capable of altering global climate conditions. I think we give ourselves a little too much credit.

Either way the whole global warming thing has really been taken advantage of. I'm all for competing forms of energy but I do not want it shoved down my throat. I also don't want to be taxed for the choices I make as far as energy consumption is concerned.

The government has used this phenomenon to justify the obtainment of more power. As usual, Washington is suggesting that the control we give them will allow them to make policies and decisions imperative to our safety. Big Brother always knows best.

1. Jed Fisher profile image87
        Jed Fisherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Global Warmers got together and wrecked the world economy just in time, I suppose.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image83
        Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Indeed, the globe has been warming. I don't know what else to say except that there isn't even  much of a consensus on the issue beyond that by worldwide scientists.

The issue is just that it was a fantastic opportunity to expand government power and give bureaucrats more power and influence, so it was blown into horrendous proportions.

"Saving the world" sounds EXACTLY like the type of job for a government. And they seized the opportunity to act like they were doing just that: making it so that I need to flush my toilet 5 times to get "it" all down; making sure that countless industries would get money (for bribes); and appointing new positions to fill so that members of the government could get bribed for filling them.

Not really brain surgery - just follow the incentives.

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't believe in Global Warming since today is 12 degrees wind chill factor with snow blowing all day here in Kentucky...