jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

"Still gravely ill, Elizabeth Edwards stops cancer treatments": Yahoo!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image30
    fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago
    1. Lisa HW profile image80
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry to see that, even though I don't know the woman.  Nobody should have to deal with cancer  I hadn't watched any news today.  Glad you posted it.  (Oops - just as I was typing this a quick news thing came on about it.)  There's not much anyone can say or do, though.

fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago in reply to this

We can safely say that JOHN EDWARDS was a contributing factor. As his wife was battling cancer, John Edwards was busy making Frances Quinn Hunter with RIELLE Hunter. John Edwards is a DISGRACEFUL man

2. Aley Martin profile image83
      Aley Martinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

She passed away today...RIP

2. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

This is such a sad story.  I hope she's comfortable and gets lots of pain medication.  I also hope that she is at peace with everything that has happened, moreso for her sake than that guy's sake.

3. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

News has just been posted that she died.

fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is TRAGIC

4. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Fishskinfreak, as much as I would like to blame John Edwards, I don't think that is honest.  Yes, he is a disgraceful man and his actions certainly had to contribute to her suffering.  But to her cancer?

A good friend of mine died of cancer in her early 40s a couple of years ago.  She got the very best treatments that were available.  Her husband was an MD and absolutely devoted to her.  Cancer is a terrible disease, and yes it does have many contributing factors; but I am not sure it is accurate to blame John Edwards.  Even so, there are plenty of other reasons to dislike or even despise him.

5. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

very sad. may she rest in peace.

working