Don't ask, don't tell - Who should decide?

1. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 5 years ago

Let me ask another question.  Why shouldn't our combat troops have their own rules?  The key word in that question being COMBAT.  Very few have any idea what life is like for our forward soldiers, least of all the makers of policy in Washington D.C. with few exceptions.  Being in a combat unit is not the same as being a member of the Rotary Club, a Mason or a Shriner.  Societal rules governing diversity and tolerance do not apply.  We ask everything of these men and women in exchange for very little.  They actually die for us.  Who cares if a politically correct Pentagon supports gays in the armed services.  The combat units do not and they're the ones putting their lives on the line, not the generals in their plush offices in the nation's capitol.  Politicians and administrators don't have any skin in the game (as Obama would say) so they shouldn't be voting on gays anymore than I should be deciding what programs to air on television Monday nights.  Seems to me the very least politicians, namely Democrats, could do is stop passing ridiculous bills in the name of tolerance and diversity at the sme time their slandering our service men and women by referring to them as homophobes.

I have two brothers who served in forward combat units.  Three brother-in-laws doing the same.  I served in the United States Air Force.  There is not place for politically correctness in a combat unit.  Social issues do not play a part in a fire fight.  Our job was to fight, not be concerned about societal niceties.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image83
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

why do we need someone to decide?

Just let em be gay and in the military - do we really care that much?