jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Fake doctor duped hospitals, universities, AMA

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Fake doctor duped hospitals, universities, AMA
    United Airlines pilot claimed to be a cardiologist, got millions in grants

The Associated Press

MILWAUKEE  He seemed like Superman, able to guide jumbo jets through perilous skies and tiny tubes through blocked arteries. As a cardiologist and United Airlines captain, William Hamman taught doctors and pilots ways to keep hearts and planes from crashing.

He shared millions in grants, had university and hospital posts, and bragged of work for prestigious medical groups. An Associated Press story featured him leading a teamwork training session at an American College of Cardiology convention last spring.

But it turns out Hamman isn't a cardiologist or even a doctor. The AP found he had no medical residency, fellowship, doctoral degree or the 15 years of clinical experience he claimed. He attended medical school for a few years but withdrew and didn't graduate.
    read more
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40630166/ns … ealth_care

it mazes me that there are countless stories about fake doctors;people who make life and death decisions every day,but teachers have to be tripled checked before setting foot in a classroom

1. Stump Parrish profile image61
      Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A pilot pulls this and a teenager hitches a ride on a passenger jet's tire. Boy the new and inmproved KGB is doing a wonderful job with the $56.3 billion dollar Department of Homeland Security budget aren't they? If our airports and airline security systems are this easy to ignore and make fools of, is the threat of terrorism, that justifies the DHS's existence, might not be as high as those making money defending us from it like to claim. There is no easier way to control a population than by keeping them afraid of an unidentifiable threat. If one can also convince this group of people that no one can protect them better than you can, you just might get them to give up their right to protection from the government. For a recent example of this in action I suggest googling America's loss of freedoms since Bush pushed thru the war in Iraq.

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

He's not the first "doctor" to kid the authorities on. I remember a few years ago we had a surgeon who had actually performed many operations before it was discovered his medical degree was bogus. This was in the UK.
    Unfortunately, this sort of thing will continue to happen I suppose, no matter what is put in place to stop it, especially when some doctors come from foreign countries where it is harder to check.

3. OpinionDuck profile image59
    OpinionDuckposted 5 years ago

I have seen AMA accredited doctors fake that they knew how to give proper medical care to their patients.

Many of them excel in Billing as opposed to medicine.