No labels Movement

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago
    We are Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who are united in the belief that we do not have to give up our labels, merely put them aside to do whats best for America.

it's time to stop this partisan bickering and grandstanding.
    there are career politicians looking out for themselves and not the voters who elected them

from their website...

Citizen Leaders Issue a Call to Put the Labels Aside, Do What's Best for America

Today. Posted by No Labels.

More than 1000 people are gathering this morning in New York City at the founders meeting of No Labels.  Republicans, Democrats and Independents  from many backgrounds and all 50 stateswho concerned about the excessive polarization and hyper-partisanship of American politics, are coming together to ask their leaders to put the labels aside and do what's best for America.

We are united by a commitment to encourage our leaders to work together and develop practical solutions to our nations problems.  Today is just the beginning.  No Labels will create a space where ideas can be judged on their merits, not their conformity to pre-fabricated stereotypes.  It is the creation of a new voice one that has been missing from the current political system, a counterweight to ideological extremes.

Todays event will feature citizens, civic leaders, politicians, academics, business leaders and college students from over 90 different universities.

The event will be live streaming from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm EST on (direct link to the live stream:

2. 0
    SirDentposted 5 years ago

Sorry Stacie.  I didn't see this before.  I will repost what I posted on the other thread below.

Personally, I like the idea.  Their declaration is very good in my opinion.  The biggest problem is when some start moving away from the original intent and do things for their own gain and not for the good of the nation.  This is where the majority of this nation's politicians are at this time.  The leaders need to get back to the basics and start from scratch.