jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

What is your opinion on insurance.

1. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 5 years ago

Do you think that every American has the right to medical insurance?

1. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Its a smart business ... to have cash liquidity ... based, in the others money, given in bits and pieces, within Probability, considering the morbid as the normal ... such as the Fear of being sick, or insecured.

2. 61
      C.J. Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, not the right to medical insurance. My opinion on insurance is that it's gambling of the worst kind. That is betting against yourself. Besides it simply adds another layer of useless paperwork between you and your health care provider. A middle man who's only concern is cost, not care.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image84
      Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, of course not. I do NOT have the right to other people's labor. I must pay them for their services.

A right is something that can not be taken away.

A privilege is something you have to earn.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I think every American has the right to basic life saving and wellness-preserving medical treatment.  How this is acheived is not all that important.

3. Paul Wingert profile image79
    Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago

Yes! Every US citizen is, or should be, entitled to health care period, just how we are entitled to education and other governement services. I was hoping for universal healthcare, but that didn't happen!

4. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 5 years ago

Insurance is generally a good thing for everyone. But insurance for health particularly will not serve the purpose. Not everyone is suffering from illness.

Better, it may be general "Life Insurance" which will add up a sum at the end of the term, if the policy holder lives. If for some reason, he dies, the assured some of money will go to his legal heirs. In the meantime, the funds collected through Insurance will help to improve the economy of the State.

It has worked well in India. When all the countries were reeling under economic stress, India never felt it. Just by savings, the people of India have made India proud by not succumbing to economic stress. Why not USA take it?

5. wealthseeker profile image60
    wealthseekerposted 5 years ago

While insurance might have started off with good place in heart, premium that people in USA pays are high compared to any other western nation and that is sad that most people can not afford the medical care they very much need.

6. 70
    humorloverposted 5 years ago

I think everyone takes the best suitable to him/her. It varies from person to person.

7. 60
    GuardianInsuranceposted 5 years ago

I believe that everyone has a right to wellness in this country. This includes medical insurance. However, I also think that this is a really complicated topic that involves many decisions and factors at multiple levels in politics, education and social work. I don't think it's something that the government is going to "fix" for us. Instead, I think it's important for each individual to educate himself or herself about their medical insurance and life insurance options. Get as knowledgeable about the topic as possible. Only then can you truly advocate for yourself about the right insurance plan for you!

8. starme77 profile image85
    starme77posted 5 years ago

I think that every American has the right to be taken care of when they are sick and that most doctors should quit robbing a system and start actually caring for their patients instead of their wallet smile