jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

"Sarah Palin ‘cautiously’ meets the press": Yahoo!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image33
    fishskinfreak2008posted 5 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutlin … -the-press

The latest chapter in this CIRCUS. Is she being "cautious" about meeting the media or is it the other way round? Anybody believe that she has any shot at the White House in 2012?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Drunken hillbillies who marry their cousins.  Pretty much no one else.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey, Ron - nothin' says lovin' like marryin' your cousin!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My wife agrees.  Plus there's only one Christmas get together to worry about.

2. Mike Dale profile image78
      Mike Daleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A shot in 2012? Naaa. At best she's a fad with the right as Hillary was with the left, thought probably even less of a serious candidate. Hillary has more political acumen than Sarah.
      I tend to be conservative, but I just don't see it happening.

3. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You gotta little crush on Sarah dontcha?

4. 61
      C.J. Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No shot at winning the election. She might get the GOP NOD, if the Left continues manipulating the minds of Conservatives. It would seem that the more the Left makes fun of her, the more the Conservative loves her. Fox isn't helping. She's irrelevant and un-electable. She's EXACTLY what the Left wants to run against. She's only a problem for the Right, not the Left. Independents will RUN from her come election time.

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

The media is being anything but cautious. They are all for finding out if there really is anything behind all the Twitter.

Being "cautious" is just another word for "coy" and it doesn't suit her at all. Like there's ANY doubt what Mrs. Palin's plans are.

She will not get the GOP nomination. Maybe she'll try running as a tea party candidate.

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image33
      fishskinfreak2008posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Can't argue with you on that one

3. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

She's better off ignoring the lamestream media.

4. 60
    foreignpressposted 5 years ago

Sarah has been approached to appear in Dancing With The Stars. So her "cautious" approach to this media frenzy is due more to honoring a hectic schedule than anything else. DWTS was so impressed with Bristol Palin's gritty and innovative dance moves that they figured it might run in the family. So they've been in contact with Sarah and her new DWTS agent. (DWTS also realizes that ratings would be astronomical again, and would probably crash internet and phone servers.)
       So Sarah is weighing her options carefully. Even though she's an acknowledged and gifted dancer, she would have to get in shape and perfect her stage moves which would take a lot of her time. If Sarah does appear this could be huge. Think: Sarah Palin taking on "The View."

1. Petra Vlah profile image60
      Petra Vlahposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sara should try the Dancing with the Stars competition - ALL she has going for her are her legs.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image66
      I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"DWTS was so impressed with Bristol Palin's gritty and innovative dance moves..."

I LOL'ed.

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Why won't she just go away??

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
      Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Kinda like a wart!

6. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago

The quote that says it all.

"This is just about getting the press to characterize the governor accurately," Palin aide Tim Crawford told Politico. "And, if that can be accomplished through Gov. Palin and some of the people around her talking to the press, we'll try that."

She's going to 'give' interviews like a miser gives handouts until anybody in the 'lamestream' media says something Queen Sarah doesn't like. At that point it will be the excuse to limit access to  Sarah in arranged 'interviews' with Fox and 'town hall' meetings with pre-screened questions only.

7. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Dancing With the Stars as a pre-requisite for running for president?
    How very Hollywood of them!

Maybe it's a pre-requisite for going to jail too.
    Although, I saw a clip, and Tom Delay is very light on his feet...he may have to be where he's going.

Oh wait a minute...he'll probably just get probation. One guy already paid for that crime syndicate...Abramoff--now they can all relax, and reminisce on their glory days of RIPPING OFF THE AMERICAN PUBLIC.

Palin for Pres?? When pigs fly. Lipstick or not.

8. Ken Crow profile image60
    Ken Crowposted 5 years ago

Take this to the bank, it is FDIC insured. IF SARAH RUNS, SARAH WINS ! Hate to disagree with C J, but this is a fact, and I will explain why.

America is now officially frightened to death of Democrats and the Uberleft. They now realize that the "Old Democratic" party has been hijacked by radicals such as Princess Nancy, Obama, George Soros and the crooked Unions. Don't believe me, look at all the numbers. Look into the polling. We are not even allowed to say Merry Christmas anymore, when 95% of America (and yes that is an accuate polling number) believes in God. America is by nature " center/right" in their political, economic and social belief system.

Sarah is so popular because she is not afraid to speak what most Americans think and feel. She has had several years now to learn how to operate on a national stage and is being handled and taught by very knowledgable people. She has millions upon millions of loyal Tea Party members that are given vote. Got news for you guys, there are probably 50 million more that have not joined but in their hearts are Tea Party folks.

She is a straight talker and America has had 100 years of "political speak" and that is a huge plus for her. Americans also do not view her as a "Washington Insider" nor a dyed in the wool politictian.

Take it to the bank America, if she runs, she wins. What would guarantee her victory is if she get's someone like Tim Pawlentey on the ticket with her. I see a massive sweep for the Mamma Grizzley.

In closing, I saw a piece this morning on television. Did you know that over 527 stories have been done on CBS, ABC, NBC newscast. These stories were all done on Christmas or something to do with Christmas. Did you know that in none of these 527 stories was God or Jesus mentioned in any of them? Not once was the baby Jesus mentioned, nor his father. True story, the study was done by Brent Bozell from the Media Research Center. That is sad folks, and that is why Sarah will win in a landslide if she runs. America is yearning for tradition and to go back to era of President Reagan when America was respected and admired. And that she will do for our once great nation. I look forward to President Palin and the First Dude Todd in the White House.

1. 61
      C.J. Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Saying what "most people are thinking" is great. Politically she has real problems. First and foremost, she QUIT public office. I'ts going to be a real problem if she becomes a real candidate. She can't be king, but she can be a king maker. Her endorsement will be enough to get her followers to the polls. Her endorsement will make the difference in the election if that endorsement is to someone who is not a carbon copy of her.

All the Republicans have to do is get serious about wastefull spending and defict/debt reduction. Right now, I don't see anyone willing to do that. If one emerges, she will back that candidate. She's only going to run if no one on the right will stand up to acurately and articulately define conservative policy/values.