jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Another Challenge to HEALTHCARE REFORM: Fox

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image32
    fishskinfreak2008posted 5 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://video.foxnews.com/v/4467836/obam … n-florida/

MORE POLITICAL GAMES. We can tell that Fox is a Republican channel because the commentator was getting EXCITED about it.

2. Paul Wingert profile image80
    Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago

FOX Noise is also known as the Republican Fundraising Network.

3. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Bill McCullum is another long-time far right operative!
    I remember him when he was head of some committee when Clinton  was president. McCullum was a huge pusher for 3-strikes-yer-out legislation. Fear Fear Fear! Fear those drug dealers and users, never mind that they got their crack in the first place by Oliver North and his Iran-Contra War.
    He is a neo-con from way back. It's always fear they use as leverage to get you to "see things their way".
    Be afraid of Obamacare. Be very afraid.

And don't forget, the "Government Take-Over" CRAP was voted the biggest LIE by the American people!

4. Doug Hughes profile image61
    Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago

The Seniors who are the backbone of the conservative movement need to take stock of the fire they are fueling with votes and contributions. The core arguments against Obamacare - that the forced participation in a medical program usurps states rights - can JUST as easily be applied to Medicare. The GOP fought against Medicare in its inception. Many Teabaggers have argued against Medicare. (See statements by Joe Miller, from AK, who was a Palin-endorsed candidate.)

If the reasoning behind the suit is sustained by the USSC, it provides a basis for declaring Medicare - as a forced program - is unconstitutional as well. If you are nearing 65 or over 65, think about providing for your own medical care as an individual task (unless you think your State will provide it as part of States rights.)

The swindle of the century is getting Seniors to provide the backing for eliminating the programs they are most dependent on.

1. couturepopcafe profile image62
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Medicare is not a forced program.  I don't have to sign up for Medicare if I don't want to.  I am not going to be fined if I don't sign up for Medicare.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
        Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You were forced to pay for medicare for decades before you became  eligible at 65. If you are rich enough or dumb enough not to sign up for what you paid for - you are right - no one will require it.

1. 61
          C.J. Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't forget, there are some on the left who would like to "Means Test" those applying for Medicare.