jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Catholic Church and Child Abuse

1. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 5 years ago

Catholic Church and the Rape of Children -

The Catholic Church could not get away with what they have done in Ireland if there had not been and continues to be collusion between Church and State, In 1997 Fianna Fail promised to introduce legislation that would make the Reporting of Child Rape mandatory, however, The Catholic Church warned Fianna Fail not to introduce such legislation as the Catholic Church knew very well that many of its most senior members would face the scaffold for concealing the Rape of Children, my sister who is a senior social worker attended meetings in which senior members of the Catholic Church warned senior Fianna Fail politicians not to introduce such legislation as it could mean the end of the Catholic Church in Ireland, Fianna Fail have obeyed their masters, the Church and State are equally guilty of the failings in relation to Child Rape in Ireland which continues as we speak, when John O Donoghue was spouting about Zero tolerence he was signing off on a one billion euro deal to bailout religious child rapists.

1. Abbasangel profile image82
      Abbasangelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why didn't you make this a hub?

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

already available in many other places in the net.

1. Abbasangel profile image82
          Abbasangelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I see. However if you write it differently it changes that. When I started on one of my travel hubs, I found a lot of competition for the keywords I wanted to pick it up. Because of the way I have written it and used my own words, and experience, it is my article and not coming up as copied even though there are lots of websites about that place.

Theirishobserver has personal inflection to put in on this, with his sister who attended meetings. Also there could be other angles to explore as well. This is particularly unique to Ireland because in Australia, the churches have co-operated in most part to upholding the safety of children, where this is a blantant blight on the religion.

I cannot believe that they are not being transparent about this. Or working towards making the church safer for children.