jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

"Obama toasts 'SEASON OF PROGRESS' after big wins": Yahoo!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image31
    fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama;_yl … F0b2FzdHNz

There won't be much "progress" over the next 2 years, at least by the President's standards, when "the Party of 'No'" and Mr. "Hell No" (JOHN BOEHNER) takes over the House on January 3, 2011

1. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Obama is MUCH smarter than they are. They are reactionaries, with no vision. Obama has a vision, and he's on it!

As some pundits have said, This is a game of chess, not checkers. I think Obama is on that wave-length.

ONLY thing on Repubs mind is ruining Obama. IMO

fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I think he has finally hit his stride...

3. BillyDRitchie profile image60
    BillyDRitchieposted 6 years ago

How is it success when much of what you rammed through is the polar opposite of what most Americans want?

They don't want bigger government, or more government intrusion into their lives.  They certainly don't want higher taxes, and with all due respect to our resident wealth envy guru Lovemychris, people don't want to see achievement punished.....

fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Disagree

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Most American's want rid of DADT...most American's want Gay marriage legalized.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image60
      BillyDRitchieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We're talking accomplishments....he didn't legalize gay marriage....

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Okay...take out the second...it's just a matter of time.

Also...didn't most American's get a tax cut this year? And won't most get tax increases next year due to the extention of the tax cuts for the rich which was forced upon the government by a minority?

1. BillyDRitchie profile image60
          BillyDRitchieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dude you know as well as I do that Obama caved to the GOP on that one....he had every intention and desire to raise taxes, especially on the evil, filthy rich....

BTW,. I always loved that whole "95% of Americans will get a tax cut"......still waiting to see how he intends to do that when over 40% of Americans pay no taxes......

working