jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Mike Huckabee Supports Michelle Obam's Anti-obesity campaign

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Mike Huckabee, ex-GOP governor, defends Michelle Obama 'Let's Move' campaign after Sarah Palin slam

BY Aliyah Shahid

Food Fight

Whose side are you on?
        Michelle Obama: Childhood obesity is a serious issue that needs attention
        Sarah Palin: Parents should be the only ones involved in what their kids eat
        I'm not sure
    Sorry, Sarah. Mike Huckabee is taking the First Lady's side in your spat over healthy eating.

The ex-GOP presidential candidate and former fatty defended Michelle Obama after Sarah Palin threw a punch at the First Lady's anti-obesity campaign.

"With all due respect to my colleague and friend Sarah Palin, I think she's misunderstood what Michelle Obama is trying to do," Huckabee said during an interview on the "Curtis Sliwa Show" on Tuesday.

"Michelle Obama's not trying to tell people what to eat or not trying to force the government's desires on people," Huckabee said.

Huckabee, who currently hosts a show on Fox News, has faced a public battle with the bulge himself.

The 55-year-old has lost more than 100 pounds in the past seven years after ballooning to 280 pounds. He's been an outspoken proponent for exercise and healthy eating.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic … z192yNgIln

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

It's glad to know there are some people who can get beyond partisan ship.

3. livelonger profile image92
    livelongerposted 5 years ago

The GOP is slowly putting distance between itself and Sarah Palin. Expect her to be powerless, if being paid to shut up doesn't work, by the time 2012 rolls around...

4. Paul Wingert profile image78
    Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago

Because of what parents feed their kids and themselves, is the cause of obesity. Everytime Palin opens her mouth, something stupid comes out of it.