jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

President Obama Return To A Ruplican Controlled House

1. Jezzzz profile image76
    Jezzzzposted 5 years ago

As President Obama returns back to work today he is facing a Republican controlled house that want to repel health care.  Should the republicans do this or not?

1. Paul Wingert profile image81
      Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No way. The health care bill needs stuff added like the public option or universal health care.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
        couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not paying for universal healthcare, sorry.  Put an opt-out clause in the bill for those who do not want it.  I'll be paying for all those who can't afford insurance anyway, half of which will abuse the system.  I say if government wants to spend money on health care, let them cover catastrophic health care.  That's what generally bankrupts people.  We've got Medicare for the elderly.  That's all we need.

1. lovemychris profile image80
          lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why don't they put an opt-out clause on war spending? Or how about one so we don't have to pay for Cheney and Rumsfeld to live like Kings on our backs. Or how about that crooked Haliburton...do we really have to keep- funding that criminal enterprise? How about all those sleazy private contracting firms that get paid with our money...I want OUT of that.

You are not the only one who doesn't like where gvt spends money.Only, you seem to think your dislikes matter more than anyone else's.

If we're going down that road.....get in line.

2. BillyDRitchie profile image60
      BillyDRitchieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, the GOP should oppose the health care monstrosity at every turn possible.  It is a power grab of the highest order and completely unConstitutional.

I am encouraged (a little) by the fact that the GOP wants to have the Constitution read aloud on the house floor in its entirety, as well as requiring that all future legislation contain the exact wording and phrasing in teh Constitution that grants them authority to do whatever it is they are proposing.

Otr does that make too much sense?