jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Canadian Politics

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

Hey fellow Canadians....are any of you getting numerous calls from federal political parties?

I've been receiving numerous calls from the libs and cons. - over and over for the past few months...sometimes 2 or 3 times a day...i 'call blocked' the numbers and they kept calling anyway...i'm waiting for the NDPs (doubt if the Bloc will call) to start up...they haven't yet.  I have never ever experienced anything like this before....what's up...what am i missing, except the usual politics?

I finally over xmas, called both no.'s back and left messages to stop harassing me at home - WOW!...it's been over the top...it has stopped so far for the past week and i've unblocked the no.'s to see what happens.

Same happening else where?...it can't be just me? lol!

1. Mercredi profile image63
      Mercrediposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There reving up for an election. If you live in a riding where things are close they'll be vying for your attention.

SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh...yea...u just jogged my memory...the fed MP representing my area has said he was going to step down after this term...that must def. be it!...geez louiz...they've been pretty aggressive...figure the NDPs will start kickin' up some dust soon 2!...oh no...more calls on the way i'm sure...

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Hi SomewayOuttahere, smile no, I have not received such calls but I'm not always home either tongue lol but that does seem over-the-top for a party to be annoying hmm

...it has been over the top...Mercredi just pointed out something for me....everyone must be revvin' up in my riding i figure.....no i haven't been home unless they call at night...just noticed all the missed blocked calls i was getting..calling me day and night...i'm on the 'do not disturb list' now....big_smile

3. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

Nope... not yet

...guess you'll have to wait...it's comin'...and they are def. persistent....

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

True. Before elections there is a sudden flurry of visitations to our communities tongue lol

working