jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Obama's military budget larger than Bush's

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Why?? And yes, I know most conservatives support this, but I do not. How many weapons and soldiers do we really need to protect ourselves? Aren't the rest just "overkill"? The left screamed about Bush's military spending. Why are they giving Obama a pass? Don't you think some of that spending could serve better purposes?

1. PhoenixV profile image78
      PhoenixVposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I personally don't believe in political parties at the presidential level. I don't believe their is a discernible difference between a republican or democrat at that point.

A two party system in politics is like giving a kid a choice between mustard greens or collard greens.

2. Castlepaloma profile image27
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, Obama won the Nobel peace prize for it too. It's to protect the rich, for the rich and media like war, most people don't.

Half of the war budget would cure poverty

3. 61
      C.J. Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that military spending has always been technology based. Technology is always expensive. Therefore alot of spending is on "what if's" that never make it to production but help in planning. You spend more on failed projects than you do on the one that works.
      Example, did you know that during WWII there was a project funded that included the creation of a small version of a japanese city? This city was built to test the idea of bats being fitted with incendiary divices. The bats would be released from an air plane via a bat house with a parachute. The house was designed to open up at a set altitude and release the bats. The bats would roost in the eve's and overhangs of the cities structures and the divices would ignite when an electical circuit was closed by a timer! Guess what? It worked! However there was another project out there with a more effective and destructive idea. Of course you know the rest of the story.

4. Pandoras Box profile image81
      Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Habee's a-ha of the day...

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I had that same "a-ha" under W, also. I'm funny like that.

2. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

I personally am giving him a pass due to the constant below-the-belt haranguing he is subject to on a daily basis from the Right.

I am curious, however...where are the Rah Rah people? Where's the USA USA USA crowd?
    Aren't you supposed to voice your un-dying support for Obama and call everybody else a traitor to the troops? Tell them if they don't support the troops, feel free to stand in front of them?

Where is the support for this "war President" from the war-loving citizens?

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have you been watching the news? Conservatives in Congress are behind the POTUS. Personally, I don't think we can afford nation building right now. And I didn't think we could afford it under W, either. Unlike you, LMC, I don't think one party is always right while the other is always wrong.

If conservatives REALLY want to balance the budget like they say, the military spending will have to be cut.

2. BillyDRitchie profile image59
      BillyDRitchieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow, lovemychris is giving Obama a pass. Stop the presses!

Maybe we'd be behind this "war president" if he actually was a war president.

Real leaders talk about winning and victory, not how fast we can retreat.....

1. Flightkeeper profile image79
        Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, what a surprise, an Obama supporter giving him a pass on spending more money on the military then wonders why Obama doesn't get more support on something he should have been doing all along. roll