jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Is this true that US never had a women President as yet?

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

One of my friend told me that the United States never had a women President . Also I would like you to tell if your country had a women president as yet and her name. My country had her 1st women president in 2007 and her name is Pratibha Patil.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image68
    I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago

Nope, no female presidents yet.

1. Doug Hughes profile image59
      Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

None officially. Some historians say that Elenor Roosevelt ran the executive branch in the last year that Franklin Roosevelt was president, (He died in 1945.)

3. Evan G Rogers profile image83
    Evan G Rogersposted 6 years ago

What's this "till now"?

No... we've never, still have no, and will most likely not have a female president for a long time.

However, this shouldn't really be a big deal - the Supreme Court, Senate and House of Representatives are all equally powerful domains of our government, and we've had females in each of those.

Also, each state (to the best of my knowledge) has had female leaders.

All in all, basically it just means that, out of our entire 600~ person federal government, one of those slots has not ever had a female.

1. Doug Hughes profile image59
      Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

President of the United States is not just one of 600 major positions in the federal government. It's the top spot. That makes it special.

BTW, Ron nominated you to run for POTUS, or (as he said) Anarchist in Chief. You are making converts.

4. sid_candid profile image61

Will love to see Non US people coming t the thread too. Its great to know about other countries too.

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...Canada has had 1 female prime minister....6 months only....in omg '93 i think...long time ago now...we have some pretty smart women in Canada...i don't get, it unless of course they are smart enought to realize it's best to work behind the scenes...that's where the real power is anyway....  big_smile big_smile

6. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

Yeah, we had a woman president... Mrs. Clinton!

7. sid_candid profile image61

Are you talking about Hillary Clinton. I think she is US Secretary of State and not President.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same lady... She ruled the country while Clinton was busy interacting with his fans. smile

8. larryprice5372 profile image80
    larryprice5372posted 6 years ago

No. America will soon have one though.  I advocate for Condoleezza Rice as President in 2012.

She is the best Conservative choice to beat Obama hands down.

Check this out: http://hubpages.com/hub/Condoleezza-Rice-For-President

Also: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rice-for-president/

A vote for Condi is a vote for AMERICA and jobs!

working