jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Cyberspace when you're dead?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image70
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

The NYT Sunday Magazine cover story is entitled "Things to do in Cyberspace when Your're Dead" It describes what's happening to individuals' blogs, comments, tweets, facebook entries, etc, after they die. Recent developments include several "digigal estate management" services including Legacy Locker, Death-Switch.com, and Microsoft's "digital heirloom" prototype which will "collect, say tweets or Fickr pictures in new physical devices that would automatically organize them (chronologically or thematically)for heirs or others. A site called Life.naut.com has a product called a MindFile, "a database of personal reflections captured in video, image, audio and documents about yourself that can be saved, searched, downloaded and shared with friends."

Anybody interested?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/magaz … f=magazine

1. Quilligrapher profile image90
      Quilligrapherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When I first heard about this concept, Ralph, I became a little nervous.  I thought big brother would love to have back door access to all the digital data us folks think will be private until after we're gone.

1. Abbasangel profile image82
        Abbasangelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I don't really care what happens, I would just like it to keep being there... but not accessed.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image70
        Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"the digital data us folks think will be private until after we're gone."

I'm not sure what digital data remains private, before or after we're gone.

working