jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Phone survey

1. Onusonus profile image86
    Onusonusposted 5 years ago

I normally hate to participate in over the phone surveys but I felt compelled to voice my opinion on the legalization of marijuana. Just doing my part to make America a better place for the future generations.

1. Stump Parrish profile image60
      Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree and usually take the time to take part. I offer my honest opinion about any subject they ask about. I have discovered a new trend in some pols I am contacted about. I subscribe to Newsmax and Fox news sites and get daily updates from them. I am always curious as to what those I disgree with are saying to each other. Both sites have my phone number and i recieve semi regular requests for opinions. The last three "surveys" I have been contacted to take part in for the democrats and or conservatives had ended the same way. These "surveys always start off claiming to be looking for the opinions of dedicated Democrats like me, lol. As soon as I make the first reply that doesn't agree with their platform or the person they are asking about, I get a polite thank you and they hang up. How many others are getting these opinion polls that only accept a preapproved set of answers? I will be keeping a note pad by the phone and will do a hub on a couple of these firms when they call back. Peace everyone and just in case tour confused, when you conduct an opinion poll you are actually asking others for their opinion, not simply searching for people who agree with you, honest, you can look it up if your unsure.

1. Onusonus profile image86
        Onusonusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

interesting , I did notice that most of the questions did lean towards a specific opinion. It makes me wonder if they just threw mine away when I disagreed with them, (Which I did completely.)

2. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago

The following is a link to a very recent AP poll. Note how they disclose the methodology and number of respondents for each question. They account for how many calls were to land lines - how many to cell phones and the geographical distribution. They account for the EXACT wording of each question and each follow-up question. This is what a scientific poll looks like.

http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP-GfK%20 … 011411.pdf

The results show a distinct softening for the repeal of HCR. There's a metaphor to describe the softening, but I can't do it... Anyhow, it's clear that the majority do not want repeal - even among republicans, there's not a majority to repeal. The largest group who want change, want the law to do MORE - not less.

Half the poll was done prior to the Tucson shooting - half after. There's no analysis if that precipitated a shift.