jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

What Is Your Definition Of Political Correctness?

1. lady_love158 profile image59
    lady_love158posted 6 years ago

This is the winner of the annual contest at the University of Arkansas and I think it's precise! LOL

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The rights name for good manners.

2. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Unscrupulous-Mainstream Media includes fox network and beck ?

1. lady_love158 profile image59
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

No of course not they aren't part of a "illogical minority"! LOL

3. Rafini profile image87
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

I'm slightly confused...what's the definition?

My definition?  Censorship.

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Rafini I am taking a liking to you.

1. Rafini profile image87
        Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol   big_smile

4. lovemychris profile image81
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

When you can't call things for what they are.

5. shynsly profile image60
    shynslyposted 6 years ago

The OP's quoted phrase sums up pretty well the correct definition of Political Crookedness... err... Correctness, sorry. And no, it's not "good manners". There is a distinct differance between being polite and being P.C.

A "polite" person can still have an open and honest discussion about problems concerning society and how to effectively solve them, without the explicit intent of offending anyone. Unfortunately, sometimes there are groups of people causing those problems who will take offense to the discussion, but "if the shoe fits..." and all that.

A "politically correct" person will take great pains to avoid even acknowleding those problems exist, much less talking about them, for the risk of offending the people creating them. Or if forced to discuss them, will try to lay the blame for them on EVERY one within that society, in spite of clear evidence to the contrary. 

Yet, strangely enough, many of the same people who try so hard to be "P.C." actually have very poor manners and tend to be very rude towards those who are not overtly P.C.

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It also indicates a serious humour failure.

1. shynsly profile image60
        shynslyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, lol... if your answer was intended to be sarcastic, I missed that (forgive me, it's early in the morning and my kids are driving me nuts!)... though, unfortunately... there very much ARE many who believe "politically correct" and "polite" are one in the same.

working